UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question was as we haven't yet reached that stage of proceedings can the IC Adjuctary Chamber of Uefa as a regulator use such material legally to sanction. I was wondering if there was in fact a precedent for this as I wasn't aware of one.
Yes, they can do what they want. If we are unhappy with it, then we can legally appeal to CAS.

Not sure how any court can use the emails as evidence unless the emails are going to be reproduced in full. As far as I know UEFA are relying on the newspaper reports of the emails, not the emails themselves.
Der Spiegel said they were giving UEFA all the information they had.

But this is more complex. UEFA don’t have the hacked material so are basically making a decision based upon a third party account of hacked material - material that has been obtained for financial benefit! Hardly a credible basis for any conviction.
UEFA control bodies are not a court, neither is CAS. So court considerations only come into play if we sue Uefa in a real court. (Or vice versa). Evidentiary standards are different for tribunals.You would have to look up the rules governing CAS, or arbitration generally in Switzerland.
Fruit of the poisoned tree is an American legal concept. The law may well be different in other jurisdictions (as it is in the UK).

It should be noted that the emails are evidence of plans that were considered and things that were said. They are emphatically NOT evidence of what was actually done. In a real court, that would be a cogent argument, bur UEFA are a law unto themselves.

So It's possible that the AC can go against any conclusion the IC reached? Interesting because if City are indeed innocent and have provided irrefutable proof, then it gives them a chance to back out before it escalates further

I think it more likely that the IC think something above their grade is indicated, and they have probably made a recommendation, even if it's a vague one (e.g. "if this is considered proven, then we recommend X") - no-one knows for certain what apart from them.

The AC - who are mostly legal types - will have to consider whether there is enough to put a charge/punishment on, and will have to consider whether any such charge will bring further action, with any detrmiental effect of having the AC's decision overturned. I assume they review the evidence laid out to them, and will engage with City as to their opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.