UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a bigger picture to think about here and not just MCFC. This is tarnishing CFG. If we let this go then all the other clubs in the group will be affected.

There's absolutely no way we can let this lie. CFG is global.

hate to post that miguel dolt

says City face points deduction too

Jamie Funnell
@Jamie_funnell8

·
10m
Replying to
@MiguelDelaney
They are under investigation going back to 2016, there is no chance they just get points deducted for this season, if anything they will lose some league titles

Andy James

@andyj4mes

·
7m
Should be for the season they are found guilty. Taken far too long to conclude.

Jamie Funnell
@Jamie_funnell8

·
4m
It will be mate.. the more I think about it, the more I think we get the league from last year

How can they be so uninformed and plain wrong, while being so confident about it?

From today back to 2016? No that's not at all what we were investigated for, it was prior to 2013 if I remember right and nothing after it. As 2014 is when we were coming close to being in profit if I remember right.

It was also about a single payment not something ongoing for any period, when Etihad took unexpectedly high losses, which left them in need of securing funds to meet their contractual obligations(legal) as any other sponsor in the same situation would have to do. This is a game of Chinese whispers and the press make no effort to clarify it which says it all, it's now become "They've proven[City have something to say bout that] Sheikh Mansour pays all the Etihad money every season".

I don't know what Etihad's finances are these days but they are a state owned airline and that state is not short on cash. They defy logic to believe this made up conspiracy and it looks like it's going to stick unfortunately. Even if we get this thrown out by the CAS or a real court, this has "proven it" and much much more(everything they can dream up) for the dumb-dumbs.

From what I've read we have poked the donkey that is UEFA and they have kicked hard.

We tried to appeal the case with CAS when the leak came out and it was thrown out as there was nothing decided to appeal against.

We are also claiming for losses of revenue caused by UEFA since the leak.

CAS have already said that the leak was "worrying" now the decision has been made by UEFA I think CAS will struggle to back down from the evidence of unprofessionalism and corruption in UEFA.

How can a sponsorship be overinflated? Their argument is based that due to Abu Dhabi ties to both Etihad and City it must mean that the deal was inflated so City adheres the FFP. It is probably true but how can this be objectively proven? Simple answer is it can not be.

Their accusation all stems from the email about Mansour supplying the money instead of Etihad.

It should be open and shut, because if it left an Etihad bank account, it came from Etihad, end of.

this has been the attitude for 4 years, hasn’t exactly got us very far has it!
Nope the due process had to be gone through now the gloves are off As the club statement says
Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.