UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the emails say ADUG were going to pay the majority of the sponsorship is there any record they actually did, saying one thing and proving it happened are two completely different things.
Agreed. But I don't think the emails even say that. The one I've seen doesn't anyway.

It says that the money due from Abu Dhabi companies must be deposited directly into City's account by each individual company. i.e. It mustn't be paid to ADUG, who then transfer a lump sum over to City along with equity investment.

It sounds like whoever wrote that email had heard that the above was about to happen and he was reminding them that each payment must come direct from each sponsor's account.

How that money actually got into those accounts is none of UEFA's business.

This is where kloss has to start earning her wage and getting tough, something based on past evidence she has lacked
I think she’s far more pro-active than many people give her credit for. The problem is we’re not holding that many cards. If you think we get a bad press now, it would be a million times worse if we started banning journalists.

I cant think of any other walk of life where you can buy a run down company give it a cash injection and than 10 yrs later you have a successful business back in profit. In any other walk of life you would win awards for turning the business around and properly given a knighthood !!!!.

Yet in the bent world of football which is run by a cartel its seen as wrong well fuck them all thats go to the highest court we can and smash the bastards....

I totally agree with you BUT I do kind of think that if we genuinely felt on the right side of the argument we should have contested this in court from the off. Instead we've just done our own thing, broken the rules and hoped we'd get away with it. I don't think we've covered ourselves in glory here and I'm pretty disappointed that an operation as slick as ours hasn't found a smarter way of dealing with this. Really hoping that on appeal this will reduced to one year (which I can deal with given next season will be quite transitional) and also that we go completely mental and tear down every other club we can. Plenty of other clubs are behaving in a very dodgy manner and I hope we make sure they're called out on it.

One thing I am strugling with is the charge.

Etihad have many investors from the UAE and obviously our owner is one, there is nothing fraudulant or corrupt about such investment and cetainly not illegal

If etihad use some of their investments to them to fund our sponsorship, well that's their decission and shouldn't need to be declared in my opinion.

So the only way uefa could know the money may have been partly from investmemts from the shiek could inly be found out through illegal means such as the hacking claims.

So uefa are using illegal means and inuendo to make a case and charge us.

Anyone defending uefa is defending illegal acts and collusion.

Personally I'm intrigued why many on here are confident CAS will overturn, or if we go via the court route we'll win.

The cartel and UEFA seem to have been one step ahead right throughout the process.

Clearly I hope I'm wrong but after so many "we'll put them in their place, tear down UEFA" false dawns I'm resigned to a lesser punishment on appeal.

If that happens Mansour needs to review who are running the club, after yesterday that's probably happening anyway.
Read the club statement it’s all in there The process has belonged to the corrupt UEFA now it goes to an independent body

This could smash football into pieces and can see a breakaway league forming and playing in a world supaleague. Leave the cartel clubs to their Micky mouse champs league , that the dippers and rags play in the premiership and play each other 38 times per season.
That's have a better league , even at international level if they tried to say only players playing in the premiership can play for there country so be it. If it means all the world class players are playing in the breakaway league it will devalue the world cup as well.......

I might be getting ahead of myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.