UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know UEFA have come out and banned us for 2 years but has anyone seen a full explanation about what they have found.
Surely they have to explain there decision

Here is what they have said in part:

"The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). If Manchester City Football Club exercises that right the full reasoned decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber will not be published prior to publication of the final award by the CAS.

Just read on PrestwichBlue twitter feed :

"City, by complete coincidence, are about to announce the Abu Dhabi CFG World Cup. Each of tbe 8 CFG clubs gets £100m for taking part, with £500m to the winner."

If this is true we should make it invitational only...

Just read on PrestwichBlue twitter feed :

"City, by complete coincidence, are about to announce the Abu Dhabi CFG World Cup. Each of tbe 8 CFG clubs gets £100m for taking part, with £500m to the winner."

If this is true we should make it invitational only...

he was ribbing people

City aren’t the UK, they’re an international business. Even more so considering the Group.

City are Manchester, my home town - I don't care about the 'Group' - the 'international' aspect (I'm just grateful some rich foreign guys decided to invest in us) - but I always have been of the opinion that they did so because a) there was a great stadium in place - thanks to the Commonwealth games and b) their research before they made the decision indicated we are the best set of fans in world football (not least because of the fact we have had years of hardship, which we handled with good grace) prior to 2008.

So this 2 year ban is just a blip for me - send us back to Division 2 - I don't care. We have been there before and in some ways it was better when each game we played I didn't know what the result would probably be beforehand, whereas now, apart from when we play a handful of other top teams, it is just the margin of victory that is in doubt.

P.S. It would also be nice to play football on Saturday afternoon at 3pm, week in week out, as it should be.

Right - here is my opinion.

Firstly - if Man City have messed up (and deceived us fans by lying about it) we should just accept the 2 year ban and move on.

However, if that is not the case we should be actively engaging the support of the other big English (and Scottish clubs) to really f**k up UEFA. It is sad to see the likes of Sheff Utd. and Man Utd. getting excited about the possibility of getting into the Champions League by finishing 5th for f**ks sake. All the British clubs should act together: what would happen to the EL and the Champions League if in solidarity with MCFC all the other British clubs withdrew from those tournements? They would be totally bollox*d up, that's what.

(P.S. I read comments here talking about taking things through all levels of the legal system including the European Court - what is the point of that, post-Brexit, we can't on the one hand take back control, then when we need to, go crawling back to the Euro Legal system - that's daft).

Do tell how we are meant to challenge UEFA in the British court system? If we don't like something UEFA is doing and we want to challenge it, they are based in the EU and the EU courts are the ones that will have the say. Your comment is nonsensical.

Ever so slightly going off topic here,not looking to change the subject, a yes or no will do for me but as it stands are Aston Villa in the Europa league next season regardless of the league cup final result as a result of our ban?

surely grossly unfair on them to wait the 4+ months on that decision if so!
No - the losing finalists in the league cup don 't qualify for the Europa League even if the winners don't enter the competition (either because they've qualified for the Champions League or been banned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.