UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this could have implications for our good friend and UEFA 'prosecution, judge and jury' Yves Leterme, who is clearly very close to Nasser al-Khelaifi.

His conduct in relation to the outrageous over-valuation of PSG's sponsorships in 2018 was questionable at best - corrupt, in reality, when you consider Leterme's links with Bayern Munich through his position at Volkswagen, who sponsor Bayern via Audi - a club who miraculously during the summer of the same year removed Lufthansa as their partner after 17 years, replacing them with a lucrative shirt sponsorship courtesy of Qatar Airways. What a serendipitous coincidence that was, which definitely couldn't be coloured as payment for his outrageous leniency in helping PSG balance the Neymar and Mbappe transfers on their books.

Decent article about Leterme's conduct in relation to the PSG sponsorship valuations here, for those who haven't already read it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html
‘Serendipitous coincidence’ is tautological :-)

Hopefully this guy is next. All roads lead back to Bayern Munich ,VW, Audi and Adidas

Yep - this is the governing body people like Liew, Conn and Harris seem outraged we aren't adopting a position of deferential respect towards - accepting their decisions as the legitimate, unbiased rulings of an upstanding, responsible adjudication process!

Rich Arabs bending the beautiful game getting caught bang to rights is how most will see it. We'll be next on their list. I am talking about perceptions here not reality.
And there's mixed views in here about how the club should be reacting to change these perceptions.
Some people seem to want them to go at the whole problem with a mallet. Chipping away at the foundations is too slow and not visible enough for some.
I'd be critical myself of several things City have done in the past regarding PR but I think they are handling this monumental problem that they are up against very professionally at the moment and trust they know what they are doing and exactly what they are dealing with.

Of course they aren't guaranteed success in every battle and this may be one of them but I do get the feeling now more than ever, as Pep said, that City have their eyes very much focussed on winning the war in the long run.

I think it means a great deal, I'm suspect that there's quite a battle going on between Qatar and Abu Dhabi over European football. Nonetheless this is one less enemy. Now just Liverpool, barcelona, bayern, Manchester United, Juventus, Real Madrid owners to fight

It's a bit more complicated, I think. Tebas was railing against Khelaifi's election at the time, I think, and PSG are as bad in the G14 eyes as City. I think they'll be very happy that BeIN might get a kicking.

More curious is that the ECA appointed someone under criminal investigation at the time. That raised a few questions at the time.

As an unconnected note, the UEFA position he held was non-voting, but as a rep of the ECA.

Hopefully this guy is next. All roads lead back to Bayern Munich ,VW, Audi and Adidas
I still remember the bad time Wolfsburg gave us when pursuing KDB I think they have massive links with VW.
I seem to remember shortly after VW were exposed for software violations when testing car exhaust content.

Sorry bud, don't understand? Can you expand.

Sorry, my bad.

Valcke isn't involved in football now - he is suspended.
The charges relate back to when he was senior at FIFA (he was fired in 2016) and arranged TV rights with BeIN for the 2026 and 2030 world cups.
Swiss Law has just worked through what's needed to bring charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.