UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus!

Has this guy got so little basic self-awareness he can't see the quite staggering levels of hypocrisy in his own message?

I mean - this particular paragraph takes the biscuit:

For a long time I felt you were a sensible and civil fan, able to look with a properly critical eye at City and of course as we discussed over a period, you were also able to acknowledge City wrong-doings. Propagating garbage about journalists, privately or otherwise, indicates something has driven you over the edge. I'd be happy to talk to you if you have any questions about how this has happened, about journalistic process, about any of it.

Let's just for a moment take him at his word, and apply the expectations he clearly has of others as a basis for comparison against which to judge his own recent behaviour.

Has he displayed so much as a single characteristic from that list in his vapid blogging about City throughout this? Has he demonstrated any sort of 'critical eye' in how he views the process the UEFA Investigatory chamber have overseen? No - he just accepts it and its outcome as right without question. Is he able to see any wrong doing in UEFA's behaviour and how they have handled the process from the start? No - none of it. His view is entirely one-sided, with all the wrong doing naturally on City's side. Is he happy to 'propagate garbage' about the Club's conduct, and the response of City fans to the issues surrounding this case - one look at his infantile stunt this morning would suggest the answer to that can only be an unequivocal 'yes'.

Its not about expecting him to necessarily come down on the side of City on this - but at no point has he demonstrated any capacity to critically consider any perspective other than that which he holds.

Such a complete lack of empathy and insight into the perspective of other human beings, such arrogance and a refusal to apply the same stringent standards you expect of others to yourself are classic traits of Narcissism.

As is self-delusion - and his vain attempts to align and equate his own position with that of other 'proper' journalists - as if he shares membership with them in some sort of a group - would be quite quaint if he wasn't such a raging egotist.

He gives away far more about his own deeply flawed worldview and personality in those few lines than I'm sure he intended - but then I don't imagine he cares about any of that. Narcissists never do!

Or succinctly put - he's a prick with zero self-awareness

I'm surprised at the lack of attention given to Emirates and it's sponsorship deals. Basically it has bankrolled Arsenal for 15 years and sponsored a number of other high profile clubs without so much as the batting of eyelids. An Emirati state owned enterprise as is Etihad. So are bleeding heart hacks such as Syed, who openly admit to being removed from the culture of fandom and hide behind a purist pseudo intellectual aesthetic love for the game, really going to argue that if Emirates suddenly encountered short term cash flow problems rendering the company unable to meet its contractual obligations vis a vis the sponsorship of a sports franchise, that the Dubai govt wouldn't bail that deal out? They would be considered the ultimate guarantor, the golden stakeholder would they not? Is this basically all Etihad did being a relative newcomer on the block ? You could argue that Etihad wasn't in a position to sign off the deals with City but isn't high profile sponsorship the one of the most important ways of increasing global brand awareness? A typical chicken and egg business gambit?
It’s always been a surprise (cough), that when talking about City, (or PSG), that Arsenal fails to get a mention, with their Middle Eastern sponsors and all. can’t also be anything to do with also sponsoring the worlds biggest domestic cup competition ...I’m sure ...

I don't think they're lead by the editorial, that veers too much into conspiracy, but I do think they place far, far too much faith in their friends' opinions, and 1 or 2 names who have been dug in for a long while have told them their side of things and they've all swallowed it whole.

Max Rushden, for example, has probably had a water-cooler conversation with Conn or Liew and believed everything they've said which is why he'd write a line like this in his article -

There are Manchester City fans who believe with total conviction that Uefa, and the highly experienced adjudicatory committee, are all prepared to risk their reputations with this verdict because they don’t like Manchester City. It is a stretch to suggest the former prime minister of Belgium really is that irked by City fans booing the Champions League anthem.
I'm pretty sure Max has no idea who the fuck Yves Leterme is, or how he was at the centre of the controversy around ignoring independent evidence to save PSG from FFP, despite outcry from his colleagues and without justification, delivering a verdict so corrupt that Rodriguez de Cunha sent it back to be reopened because it was not acceptable.

He probably doesn't know he was kicked out of his last job because of accusations of "discrimination, preferential treatment and harassment". If he did, you would doubt he'd use him as the bastion of justice and mock City fans for thinking he might not be on the level.

I would be surpised if he even knew Yves Leterme by name, but his mates Dave and Jonny told him how disingenuous and outright dangerous it was for Manchester City to doubt the credibility of The former Belgian Prime-Minister so he chucks it in his article. "Ha ha ha, silly tribal City fans..."

Edit - And by the way, it is painfully funny that so many people refer to Leterme as such as if to say - "This guy is legit! A Prime Minister, City fans, he's not going to be bent!"

Oh of course. Because there's nothing dodgy about Boris, May, Cameron, Brown or Blair, is there? They're former prime ministers, you can't question that integrity. They aren't going to do anything to besmirch their reputations!
I don't know if you know but Max Rushden and that glendenning berk do a show together on talksport on a sunday morning, I've caught it a couple of times and the pair of them like a bit of city bashing between them, especially that glendenning.
Whether it was the script or their own views it was slagging us off with glee, just seems uncanny you mentioning rushden, who supports Cambridge utd and follows spuds, is talking in the same tones as the idiots Rabin and PB have wrapped around their little fingers.

Because if we do win, who the fuck is going to criticise them? Themselves? Sadly, they're in a win win situation: slag us to fuck before the appeal and CAS's judgement, garnering support from partisan football supporters up and down the leagues/country who lap up their constant bullshit; then, if we are found to have been right all along, simply ignore the fact they backed the wrong horse and instead just reprint all the negstive shit that isn't libellous, with a tone suggesting that we 'got away' with it.

The real tragedy is that there will be no recriminations, introspection or apologies from the press that have so wantonly and brazenly abused our club, not because we will not deserve such vindication and redress, but because the vast majority of the bottom-feeding ****s all piss in the same pot and have no honour or moral compass. I guess it must be hard to feel any sense of shame when surrounded by those that are shameless.
If we win we should hound M.Sayed. He promised to apologise if he was wrong, but we all know he will try to weasel out of it. Don't let him. Write to the editor. Give him hell.

Last edited:
I don't know if you know but Max Rushden and that glendenning berk do a show together on talksport on a sunday morning, I've caught it a couple of times and the pair of them like a bit of city bashing between them, especially that glendenning.
Whether it was the script or their own views it was slagging us off with glee, just seems uncanny you mentioning rushden, who supports Cambridge utd and follows spuds, is talking in the same tones as the idiots Rabin and PB have wrapped around their little fingers.

Glendenning is certainly veering into seriously questionable territory. Seems to be following PB around on twitter to insult him. If I didn't know better, I'd say he's almost encouraging some tanked up City fan to take a swing at him with jibes like this directed at a very well respected member of the fanbase. Hopefully no takes the bait.

A published football author James Corbett

Well if Rabin is a 'bot' then the future has well and truly arrived.
I can't even get Alexa to turn off my fucking lights without 4 or 5 attempts so if Rab is just an autonao, nonanum, automonamatic, .....fucking robot, then where do I buy one ?
In fact fuck that I want two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.