The FTSE

I'm not sitting on the sidelines waiting to lump in. Put some in last week, and more this morning. I'll continue to drip it in, instead of trying to call the bottom.

My Aviva private Pension is pretty much invested in the FTSE. I'm not even gonna look - probably lost 15 per cent of my fund since last week - I'm 45 and when it rebounds it will be quicker than any recession recovery?

My dad is 69 and the same fund, suppose he could covert it to their cash fund, but he'll be crystalising a loss, so might be best to sit tight?

As a matter of interest, if the stock market is very buoyant 12 months before my ideal target retirement date, can I transfer the stocks and shares investment money into a potentially safer fund like gold?
We all know what an unforeseen event such as a large terrorist attack or a super flu bug does in the short term

Your fund manager should do that for you ... the closer to retirement you get the safer (less risky ) your investments should be.

Those that are “lumping in” are you going funds or confident enough to target specific shares?

Like everyone else my nest egg is suffering at the minute but no point bailing out as they will recover in the long term. Would be good to take advantage though

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.