Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Surely, for the Premier League themselves, it would be easier and cleaner if they cancelled it before liverpool mathematically win it, rather than after, when thwy have to deal with the coplications of who gets what qualification for which uefa competition, who gets relegated etc. If the whole thing is canned and everyone accepts it as null. Otherwise, it is selective and there really is no fair way to do that.

NHL in north America have just paused the season I have just read. Cant see it being long till the same happens here.
It’s looking more and more like they just want the dippers to win there next two then they’ll stop it. Ffs imagine the petition if they stopped it now!!

By Bo Jo's own admission this is going to get a whole lot worse. Now I know I am a bear with very little brain but why are we not doing more to prevent the spread??
Yes , seams like rest of the world doing one thing but we have this master plan that nobody else has thought of !

They’ve underfunded the NHS to such a diabolical extent over the last 10 years that it’s currently so stretched, their only plan is to manage the rate at which people get this to try to delay the peak to the warmer summer months when the NHS is under less pressure.

They’ve even put a call out to retired NHS workers to jump back in and help out.

But at least they “got Brexit done”. ****s.
i work in the NHS and it is on its knees through the tories
loads of staff nationwide will take advantage of this 14 days quarantine for even mild symptoms ,just ring 111 and exaggerate your illness and get a 14 day virtual sicknote full pay

So you don't think it is a big risk to continue playing PL games with fans attending at present?

They had the two leading medical officers on with Bojo and they were suggesting the risks were quite low and only likely to effect one or two persons rather than vast numbers of the crowd.

Not sure if it is true, and seems different to the guidance across europe. I suppose only time will tell but I understand the Premierships position of following the guidance provided by the experts and government policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.