COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you still remortgage, mine is due and I can tie in next week at the rate I wanted a few weeks ago
I would have thought so mate.

Mine is due too, I logged into it online yesterday and the deals were there, I’m going to wait another couple of weeks though in case they drop the deals again as the cut to 0.1% may not have filtered through as yet.

China closing borders from foreign countries now even Chinese nationals have to stay out, citing that they want to stop the virus from spreading. If they'd have just thought of that when they were exporting their citizens after the Wuhan incident.

Fukin he'll that's powerful
Australians say it as it is

It’s full on Murdoch isn’t it and don’t agree with the racist slant on the piece towards the end as lots of Chinese have suffered at the hands of their own government as well, still can’t believe they welded people into apartments to die and it’s guaranteed when the next one comes it will be the same policy of misinformation and misdirection for political reasons.

Just heard that Spain, when it extended lockdown to mid April, also relaxed its 1 person per car rule to allow 2 people with the provision that the 2nd person sits in the back of the car. If shopping still only 1 person allowed in though to do shop with other staying in car.
Sorry if I misled in previous posts.

Last edited:
Just to put it out there there is a whole army of carers working in private care homes etc, working under really poor employment conditions that need our love and thanks also.

I have always said this. never has there been a set of workers so undervalued. I always make a point of thanking people I know who do this job, it can't be easy and some of them work in really shocking conditions.

If anyone in this country need paying more it's them.

Not sure if already mentioned but some interesting stuff about CPAP apppnia machines as ventilators. UK has 10s of thousands of these machines in circulation (i have one) and the only adjustments needed are software based apparently. They can even be used with oxygen. Not sufficient for those in ICU but could help others. No sign of a recall from the NHS though. I am no medic but perhaps others on here know more?

But if they follow the advice and stay indoors as much as they possibly can while adhering to social distancing techniques, there’s no reason why it should add that much to the speed of the spread. London itself is a major worry but looking at how deserted Manchester city centre is these days, I presume other major cities such as Birmingham, Liverpool, and Sheffield are the same, so outside of London we’re by and large doing what we’ve been asked to do.
Birmingham has been consistently quiet all week. Walked the mile or so into town alone yesterday, mid-afternoon, as my exercise, and it was about as busy with pedestrians as when I make the same journey at 5am to get the first train to Euston in ‘normal’ times, possibly marginally busier. Not quite ‘I am Legend’, but still discernibly quiet. Only a smattering of cars on the road. The trams and buses were running though, although mainly empty. Only a couple of bargain basement takeaways (Pepe’s, Dixy Chicken) were open, all the others I saw were shut. The mini-supermarkets I saw (Tesco x2 and Sainsbury’s ) were observing social distancing far more rigorously than the previous week. Every other retail operation was shut. Some of the usual homeless were dotted around on their familiar spots. Didn’t see anyone walking in pairs or more. I would say, based on what I saw, that the government advice was being pretty strictly adhered to.

Wot no photo?
rDvROW6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.