COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hands are red raw and cracked to fuck after becoming an amphibian. Been looking after my mum for the last year or two (COPD on oxygen 16 hours a day) so I'm taking the cleaning to whole new levels whilst i work from home (Telecoms/IT anyone?). I feel like a prison warden dishing out orders...."Don't touch that, it ain't clean yet!", "Stop putting the bags on the table. I've just disinfected it".

She can't get out of the house and hasn't been able to walk more than 10 metres without having to stop for 10 minutes for a while. So the 12 weeks isolation she's got the letter about is ok as far as social distancing goes. But its heartbreaking to not let the grandkids in and my sisters are dropping off the shopping, but so hard to not be able to hug and thank them for helping.

Absolutely bricking it about me being the reason my Mum might catch it. Don't feel like I've got any option but to live in isolation for 12 weeks too.

Best wishes & take care to you and your family and to @everyone on Bluemoon

Personally I'm going to wait until there's evidence he made the right calls before I offer my gratitude and praise. Would love nothing more to do so down the line. As it stands I think we are way too early into this to call it one way or another.
I agree. Just wanted to point out that the latest projections are encouraging, and we can all join together in hoping the number of deaths is at the lower end of the scale. There’ll be plenty of time for me to criticise the government if it turns out they got this wrong, let’s hope I don’t have to.

I agree. Just wanted to point out that the latest projections are encouraging, and we can all join together in hoping the number of deaths is at the lower end of the scale. They’ll be plenty of time for me to criticise the government if it turns out they got this wrong, let’s hope I don’t have to.

I think we can all agree that we can point the finger at the WHO now , we don’t have to wait until this is over to point a Big finger at those bell ends.

this could have been mitigated and contained into parts of the world where it originated and initially spread to, if those tools had not given the completely wrong advice that global travel was still ok and flights in and out of affected areas is perfectly fine, carry on nothing to see here......

I agree. Just wanted to point out that the latest projections are encouraging, and we can all join together in hoping the number of deaths is at the lower end of the scale. There’ll be plenty of time for me to criticise the government if it turns out they got this wrong, let’s hope I don’t have to.
If it keeps going as it is do people think the lockdown could be just for 3 weeks.
I hope so

What has the size of population got to do with it? They were quicker to lock down, quicker to get supplies in and have been testing 2000 people a day and going for double that this weekend whereas we have only just starting to test 1700 people this weekend.
Raw numbers need context. Dont disagree that our reaction was slower, but scale is important. Basic supply side economics.

Pop of UK 67m
Pop of Germany 83m

Population size is irrelevant. Having the capacity within our respective systems to cope is relevant. Germany is heading towards testing 500,000 a week thereby copying the South Korean model of identifying carriers and quarantining them as quickly as possible. There were no excuses about size of population limiting what can be done.
See my previous reply. I was not commenting on policy, but on raw numbers with no context.

I agree. Just wanted to point out that the latest projections are encouraging, and we can all join together in hoping the number of deaths is at the lower end of the scale. They’ll be plenty of time for me to criticise the government if it turns out they got this wrong, let’s hope I don’t have to.

Exactly this.

Whether Boris has backed the right horses will come out in due course.

As it stands my gut feeling is that our government has done as well as any other. Yes maybe the shut down should have been earlier in my far from expert opinion. Apart from that and of course an alarming amount of suggestions that vital gear is not getting to the Drs and nurses must be of concern. Seems most other countries are in the same boat there other than the likes of China, Japan, S Korea.

I am amazed that I find myself defending anything Tory but the mad thing is they are fucked either way. If the deaths are low then rather than praise the government they will get ripped to shreds for over reacting and destroying the economy for nothing.

If we get hit hard then they will be screwed for not moving fast enough and causing 10s of thousands of deaths.

Not a chance in my opinion. End of April minimum would be my guess and that’s being optimistic.

agree that’s my thoughts ( but also hope ) and I think it will be qualified with still washing hands and social distancing and if you don’t follow the rules they will shut it down again and probably have to.

Exactly this.

Whether Boris has backed the right horses will come out in due course.

As it stands my gut feeling is that our government has done as well as any other. Yes maybe the shut down should have been earlier in my far from expert opinion. Apart from that and of course an alarming amount of suggestions that vital gear is not getting to the Drs and nurses must be of concern. Seems most other countries are in the same boat there other than the likes of China, Japan, S Korea.

I am amazed that I find myself defending anything Tory but the mad thing is they are fucked either way. If the deaths are low then rather than praise the government they will get ripped to shreds for over reacting and destroying the economy for nothing.

If we get hit hard then they will be screwed for not moving fast enough and causing 10s of thousands of deaths.
The joys of leadership eh mate? No-one forced Boris to go for the top job. Looking on the bright side, if he comes through this Brexit will be a piece of piss ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.