COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to my mate, who's wife works in hospital as a nurse in london, the stories she has told are horrific. Staff are leaving ICU with shell shock. Apparently people displaying the worse of the symptoms have a grey pallor, red blood shot eyes and constantly struggling to breathe. Staff don't even need to wait for a coronavirus test it's so obvious.

On a day to day you just get on with it and not worry too much, but stories like that are a shock to the system.

That concurs with a lot of firsthand accounts from a Italy and some recent diary notes from Uk nurses.

Let’s hope that governments around the world are ready to give frontline workers all the counseling and support they may need after this is over as many of their lives will be changed forever with having to have played god with peoples lives - I can’t even begin to process what they mast be going through now.

Must admit I've had a bit of a wobble today, not for myself but my Mrs and kids after hearing her in tears on the phone to her mum. I like every one else just feels so helpless and knows that there is nothing I can do or say that can reassure her. I've kept the little ones pretty shielded from this (well as much as I can) anyway forgive me for going on maybe it's the booze talking.

wouldn’t worry about wobbles, I’ve managed to proper fall of my axis at times in the last month! we are all trying to deal with handling our loved ones emotions and fears as well as our own. Give yourself some headspace time as well to look after yourself and nowt wrong with some booze to cheer you up and release pressure.

just being there is making all the difference for them but I know that it’s frustrating as fuck at times as like you I want to actually make it all go away for them. At least we have outlets like this to escape from time to time.

The NHS people are on the front line in all of this...what they are doing is going over the top into the unknown hoping to stem the flood of the misery that's coming. Heroes one and all, the real warriors doing their best, and doing it for us...there's something inside of them that they can't ignore, it's something that they see that has to be done. For their sake, people need to follow the line, it's the least we can do, play our part to save others and those at the front line...yet it doesn't seem to be enough, not to me, it just runs counter to all I've ever thought...by not reaching out you're actually doing the right thing...definitely.

Spot on! have absolutely struggled myself for a few weeks with this dichotomy

Any one else in the same predicament?
My Mrs who works at the hospital is due to start helping out on the coronavirus wards from Tuesday
I'm kicking off like fuck saying fuck it off it ain't worth it for 17k a year live off my wage for 3 months
She won't have it tho wants to go and do her best and help out
People like her epitome what the nhs is about
I'm gutted and worried but so proud of her at the same time
Stay safe every one x
They’re super heroes, mate. When the tough gets going the going get tough. It’s who and what they are, what they’re trained to do and they would do anything to try to help protect lives. She’d be much worse if she was sat at home doing nothing but seeing it all on the news. My best mate here is a doctor in a+e here, he has a young family but he’s working 18 hours a day in the most difficult circumstances. The hours and shifts he works and what he does on a day to day basis freak me out so to do it in these circumstances is something us mere mortals can not comprehend.

Last edited:
So it’s not just the UK who’s lockdown allowed people to go to work.

I fear this will escalate further and the current measures will be seen as a holiday, within the next 2 weeks.

There always has to be some workers. We certainly don't have a B&Q or bike shop open. I guess we wait for the list to come out and see how they're managing to reduce it further.

Meanwhile the woohan market carries on.

I'm no dog or cat lover but this is fucking heartless.

https://mol.im/a/8163761

That's not Wuhan.

Also a few photos in a daily mail article taged to a journalist different to the articles author, an article written by a freelancer and someone who hasn't had a piece published in any paper for over a year and who lives in Bali not china

Now I am not saying wet markets are not still happening, and I wouldn't normally check the validity of and article.

But it's the mail and very convenient that a paper that lives off sensationalism, xenophobia and clickbaits get this exclusive.

There are videos of people being chained into their homes, as much as I don't think the Chinese government are being honest, I will take this article with some scepticism.

Also as we saw with the videos of different regional police forces fighting on a bridge, although china is controlled by the state, but it's regions have quite a lot of autonomy and ingore a lot of rules at local level, unfortunatley unlees there is a craackdown at the centrl party level these markets will still apear in provinces unopposed by local authoriites.

I would be happy to see the chinese police close these markets and arrest the local officials not keepig tight controls

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.