Scariest away day following City

deffo ST JAMES PARK Late 1980s in the match labelled in the Sun that morning the Tolmie v keegan match they were 3-0 up after 15 mins and with them 5-1 up they decided they weren't happy enough so decided en masse to enter our end

I'll add a few personal ones to the usual 'orrible places !! Luton 1975, fighting and mayhem during the game and 'back and forth pitch invasions afterwards' held back as best as possible by the Police. Arsenal 1978, thought I was going to get done by 3 gooners but managed to escape. It was punk era and one of them had a vest type top with an open zip exposing his nipple which made it slightly surreal!! Chelsea league 1986, just before the Full Members Cup I think, not nice at all. Spurs 93, toxic due to the recent FA Cup q/f. Stoke away in 98, in their bit and surrounded by complete nutters who wanted to kill and maim. Millwall 'banned' game, thought I'd be with 'families' in the Family Stand...….got that one wrong (see Stoke 98) !!!

Full Members we did ok given so outnumbered.
We did indeed. Saw some amazing things that day by some City fans.
Anyway after the match I walking back to the train/tube with one of my mates, and who asks to tag along? Daft Donald. Tells me all the chelsea boys are looking for him.

Last edited:
Derby away when Quinn went in net, we were in the ley stand, a bit dicey for a while
Around 77 ?
I was a 14 year old living near Derby. M1 roundabout was a short walk away from my house so i went there to hitch a lift to baseball ground. Had a City scarf cos i thought a Blue would pick me up but a nice young couple stopped and took me to the ground.
After the game i walked back to a good hitching spot and it was going off all over.
The couple that picked me up earlier once again stopped and told me to get in. The nice young man driving was covered in blood and had had a kicking off City.

City's mob were giving Chelsea the runaround earlier in the day, I know that because I saw it. City had a big and tasty looking mob and while Chelsea's numbers would have ultimately 'won the day' they were getting scattered before the game
2 coaches went from the Hat and feathers Ancoates that morning,the Muir brothers Tate and other game fookers on bosrd,fun day.I remember on this site few years ago we had photos of the coaches outside pub and the lads,but I wouldn't have a clue how to find them again.

I'll add a few personal ones to the usual 'orrible places !! Luton 1975, fighting and mayhem during the game and 'back and forth pitch invasions afterwards' held back as best as possible by the Police. Arsenal 1978, thought I was going to get done by 3 gooners but managed to escape. It was punk era and one of them had a vest type top with an open zip exposing his nipple which made it slightly surreal!! Chelsea league 1986, just before the Full Members Cup I think, not nice at all. Spurs 93, toxic due to the recent FA Cup q/f. Stoke away in 98, in their bit and surrounded by complete nutters who wanted to kill and maim. Millwall 'banned' game, thought I'd be with 'families' in the Family Stand...….got that one wrong (see Stoke 98) !!!

Went on the special to that Luton game( Deb leading the singing). Never knew they had any sort of crew but they sure did. Boiling hot day iirc.

my personal worst would be newcastle away 1978 fa cup we won 3-1 newcastle brown bottles raining down pitch invasions non stop fighting crazy crazy day, brum away was always bad, leeds away but we often gave them more back, rags was never fun,or either scouse clubs, lets be honest in the 70s most aways where scary, yes i remember full members v chelsea too our new mini bus went back nearly every panel damaged.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.