Most Overrated Player to Play for City

I guess you didn't see the BBC rating him one of the best 10 goalkeepers of the Premier League Era and while No.1 with us Hart was on loan at Birmingham and played well enough to be the only player they have ever had in the Premier League team of the season

Maybe you got the wrong end of the stick but I rated Given. I was replying to a post which called him overrated, I don’t think he was

Maybe you got the wrong end of the stick but I rated Given. I was replying to a post which called him overrated, I don’t think he was
That was my point, if the BBC think he was one of the top ten goalkeepers of the Premier League Era that to me would be the very definition of being over-rated, he was OK at City but not someone you would call outstanding

That was my point, if the BBC think he was one of the top ten goalkeepers of the Premier League Era that to me would be the very definition of being over-rated, he was OK at City but not someone you would call outstanding

Sorry, I'm with you now. He was good, he wasn't that fucking good; Top 10 in since the PL starter? Nowhere near

Keith Macrae. Pardon if spelling is incorrect. A classic Malcom expensive signing, to replace Corrigan who was too fat, according to our coach. Trouble was, he was shit and a slimmed down Joe soon replaced him.
Malcolm didn’t buy him Jonny Hart did as he signed in October of 73 It was after Malcolm had left But yeah he was shite.

Last edited:
The issue with this kind of list is the definition "overrated" by whom? if its the supporters I would challenge anyone to find a single City supporter that rated Jo or Bony, or a host of other names on this list, dont get me wrong I'm not saying they aren't crap, but they happened to be crap and not rated

Thank you!!

It does seem people are going solely by reputation upon arrival, but that's a definition very rarely seen outside if this thread.

As for Touré, I think he's heading into underrated territory (unbelievably). People talk about the big game contributions, but they forget about how he was a magnificent metronomic midfield tempo setter, who controlled play brilliantly. He was technically brilliant, a physical titan, and had an in game IQ very few have had in the Premier League.

Kinky

giphy.gif

Joe hart for me, never rated him from the moment he was on loan at brum and he tried to save one with his feet and kicked it in the net, was dreading the game vs Spurs when yaya made his debut Cos all week it was given vs hart who would Mancini pick.

Hart was average goalie at best protected by Mancini defence line, wheels started to come off under pellers when it was apparent he couldn’t get down low to his left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.