Scariest away day following City

Why would I want to? I found Huddersfield just as vile and backwards. I’ve known some utter ****s from West Yorkshire who know nothing aside from being confrontational. They’re inbred.
Maybe it's just me but if I overheard an ongoing conversation and the subject was something I neither understood or had any interest in I wouldn't go sticking my oar in by making snidey comments, I'd probably just move along and find somewhere else to butt in.

You did well not to see any trouble at everton mate!! not so bad now but in the 80’s & 90’s it was a war zone everytime i went, wether you wanted trouble or not

I think that by going by car most of the time to away games, that's why I didn't see much apart from leeds that day

Ive never bin the monkeys ground...that match was at Feethams...late 80s pre season friendly......it kicked off.My first and only trip to the ground..one of me best mates at the time was a Darlo fanatic..i was best man at his wedding.met all his family up at Darlo before that pre season game.such warm friendly humble people......bit different to the monkey hangers we came across later that day, my mate had his elderly Dad with him and we were very lucky that day........
I remember walking round the opposite end at half time at Feeethams,late 80s.how cool is that?
And having the cricket pitch behind the ground....times change.
David Currie was the best player i saw for Darlo...tho Gary Worthington (related to Frank) was a neat composed striker i recall.Happy Days.

I went to darlo when Doncaster played there, rovers took hundreds and when we went into the ground first thing I saw was the cricket pitch, rovers 1 side darlo the other side of the cricket pitch then all the nutters from both teams ran on the cricket pitch,

Most of the away matches in the 80s offered some kind of welcoming committee, violence was rife up and down the country.

Some of the bigger games were always interesting, Utd, Everton, red dippers, chelsea, west ham etc but at that time we were a yoyo club so we became the fans that all the smaller teams wanted to make a name against, every local idiot would come out coz City were in town.

I remember going to Carlisle, it was winter time coz it was snowing, I recall Nicky Reid getting sent off, we found a pub in the town centre before the game and the landlord and bar staff were warning us that all week the talk of the town was about City coming to town and all the locals were gonna come out in force to do City. There was only about 50 of us at this time, me and my mates were clicking the fruit machine, the rest just stood around, when someone shouted there here, coming around the corner, Carlisles loonies had turned up, more skin heads than football casual looking lads, hard to judge numbers but they easily out numbered us, we just said fuck it let's have it, we went outside and the Carlisle lot were about 30 yards away, we just ran at them and every single one of them scattered without a punch or kick exchanged, we all went back in the pub and the look on the landlords face was priceless, that bit of exercise was the only thing that warmed me up that day, freezing.

I went to darlo when Doncaster played there, rovers took hundreds and when we went into the ground first thing I saw was the cricket pitch, rovers 1 side darlo the other side of the cricket pitch then all the nutters from both teams ran on the cricket pitch,
Just as an aside....i,ve never really liked cricket("oh no!)
In fact i hated it(yawn) but id always fancied playing my neat ,short passing game on a flat smooth quality surface..rather than the virtual mudbaths i had to contend with being a journeyman sunday league player decades ago...same with bowls,ridiculous game played by old men,what a waste of a quality peice of flat ,rolled grass!
This country went to the dogs years ago..imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.