UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the things CAS will be looking at is whether or not UEFA followed their own procedures. If they didn't, I'm sure City will be happy to have the ban overturned based on that. But City don't want to get off on a technicality, they want complete exoneration.

@City_rabin recently unearthed a quote from FIFA, where they said certain evidence against them should be inadmissible because the source was hacked material. Now if FIFA don't recognise hacked material, UEFA shouldn't be allowed to either, because they are part of the same organisation. FIFA are in effect UEFA's bosses.

I'd be surprised if this didn't enter City's defence, along with our other irrefutable evidence to show that the hacked emails were taken out of context.

This is my (inexpert) opinion.
Im sure illegally obtained evidence has been used in CAS hearings in the past.

The decision to push on will have been endorsed by our legal representatives and believe me they’d be saying bail if there was a a high chance of losing. This bullish sentiment from the club must be endorsed by our lawyers - who as a group are eternally cautious. So we are either rightly optimistic or damn foolhardy!

Quite right. I believe we cannot ever contemplate accepting a reduced ban at this stage. The club must really feel they will win this or they would have surely negotiated away from the spotlight. The noises coming from Kaldoon & Sorriano are testament to that stance. Any acceptance of guilt would not only look bad but would send a message to the playing staff and potential recruits that we don't know what we're doing. Remember they told Pep and the top players that there was no case to answer - if that is wrong trust would be an issue.

Also, for those who think it would be best to not play in the CL again this is folly. You know that if we are out of it the rules will change in favour of the usual suspects and we will be left in the wake. The entire process stinks and for me the club have no other alternative to fight the ban fully.

Finally, after this is over lessons need to be learn't on who to trust both inside and outside the club. They need to know which media can be utilised to actually report properly. It beggars belief that the club is not given due credit for transforming parts of Manchester both culturally and economically. Imagine if nothing had happened after the Commonwealth games, East Manchester would have possibly fallen into disrepair if left to the Council to oversee redevelopment. In other words there needs to be a charm offensive whilst wearing a steel glove.

One hell of a gamble we’re taking then, given that even Stefan Borson argued there were clear plusses and minuses with our case. Whichever side loses is well and truly fucked IMO

Seems to be a recurring team that UEFA are fucked if they lose. I don't think it's the case at all, UEFA are made up of "elected" officials from the various dodgy football association's across Europe who's job it is to spend other people's money. Most of them are semi retired or part time jobs for the boys types, 2 or 3 heads will roll if they lose and life will go on as it always has. Their paymasters may alter but the fundamentals won't, they will run the game like they own it and take the coin from whoever suits their interests at any given time.

I honestly doubt many in UEFA give a fuck either way, the worst they will have to deal with is a view grovelling phone calls to Munich, Turin, Madrid etc. If they win they will face a lot more headaches.

Ceferin briefly mentioned a new luxury tax in his interview yesterday, my take from that is they have moved on to the next stage already, what that is we will find out in due course but you don't need to be a genius to figure out who may benefit and who may suffer.

Judge Rinder should preside and it should be live on TV. We can appeal to Judge Judy if it goes against us.

and then they can make a film of it with Judge Rhienhold in the lead role, and a guest appearance by Judge John Deed, with a soundtrack by Judge Jules... and a sequel with Judge Dredd ......
oh, I give up.

Obviously, wish you were right. Can't see it myself.

Note, we are talking purely on how we are portrayed beyond this, my negativity is to that, not the case itself (to which i don't have the same negativity, but neither am i entirely positive about).

How we are portrayed in the media will not likely change.

Our response will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.