Arsenal game 17th June.

Jesus, can you not read or is it just that you can’t understand what you read ?

I didn’t say fans made no difference but that they only made a small difference. As I tried to explain other factors come into play.

Here are some stats, try to read them slowly and carefully....

45% of games were won by the home team in the last ten PL seasons including this one.

If we take out those games where the home team started at a price of 1.50 or less on the markets ie their chance of winning is rated at 66% or better then the percentage of home wins in the remaining fixtures is 29%

So we see a home win in only 29% of games where the market does not consider the home team to be a significantly better side than the away team

If it makes you happy you can keep on thinking your little simplistic fairytale thoughts that you’re a decisive factor in the outcome of a sporting contest between two highly focused meticulously prepared professional teams but the stats tell a different story
1) A home win would be a 33% chance, you’ve just stated 45% a home win is the result. Thus proving my point, cheers.

2) There a reason that bookies bring in odds on the home teams, it’s that they’re more likely to win (due to home advantage ie home fans) you mouth breather and therefore that factor is already priced in to the odds. I stopped reading there as you’re really not worth the time.

Last edited:
Zzzzzzzz

The stock retort of every dimwit who disagrees with someone else on here but can’t articulate their thoughts into a reasoned post ...... derrrr he’s a rag ........ derrrr he’s a dipper.

You’re only embarrassing yourself by making such comments
The other place doesn’t refer to rag cafe or rawk or any other team’s forum.

Tick tock child.

1) A home win would be a 33% chance, you’ve just stated 45% a home win is the result. Thus proving my point, cheers.

2) There a reason that bookies bring in odds on the home teams, it’s that they’re more likely to win (due to home advantage ie home fans) you mouth breather and therefore that factor is already priced in to the odds. I stopped reading there as you’re really not worth the time.
Man you’re slow

45% of fixtures in the last 10 years were won by the home team.

Where do you get 33% from ?

Man you’re slow

45% of fixtures in the last 10 years were won by the home team.

Where do you get 33% from ?
Figure it out yourself if you’re so smart Mr Dunning Kruger.

Also, give your citation/source for the 45% figure and tell the group what % was won by the away side and what % were drawn.

(to help you out on the first point, there are three possible results, home win, draw, away win). Work out 1 divided by 3.

Can't wait for all the really funny 'emptihad' tweets and pictures of our empty stands and saying how its no different ha ha ha ha ha

Figure it out yourself if you’re so smart Mr Dunning Kruger.

Also, give your citation/source for the 45% figure and tell the group what % was won by the away side and what % were drawn.

(to help you out on the first point, there are three possible results, home win, draw, away win). Work out 1 divided by 3.
Any stats website like soccerway or futbol24 give results going back years and years from which you can work out the percentages.

With regards to the 33% ... Jesus are you serious ? Unlike you I don’t just toss insults around for fun, I’ve criticised your simplistic comments because they are just that, you look at a situation without nuance (remember) or distinction. The chance is 33% only if there are no variables in the same way that a coin toss is a genuine 50 50 over a large enough sample size. Football matches have many variables therefore the chance of one outcome occurring is not 33% as a rule

If you’re winding me up, hats off to you, this must be playing out as comedy gold to those in the know. But your vitriol is such that I think you’re being serious, bless you.

Any stats website like soccerway or futbol24 give results going back years and years from which you can work out the percentages.

With regards to the 33% ... Jesus are you serious ? Unlike you I don’t just toss insults around for fun, I’ve criticised your simplistic comments because they are just that, you look at a situation without nuance (remember) or distinction. The chance is 33% only if there are no variables in the same way that a coin toss is a genuine 50 50 over a large enough sample size. Football matches have many variables therefore the chance of one outcome occurring is not 33% as a rule

If you’re winding me up, hats off to you, this must be playing out as comedy gold to those in the know. But your vitriol is such that I think you’re being serious, bless you.
So what’s the % of draws and away wins?

What’s your source for the 45% home PL win over the last ten years. Let’s have the link so we can check. You gave the % so it’s on you to back it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.