Arsenal game 17th June.

I’m asking for all three and the source so I can look for myself.

(no reason to dispute it per se as it backs up my argument)
45% is a ballpark figure off the top of my head but I’m in that game and I’d be surprised were it more than a couple of points out either way

Frankly I’ve nout better to do right now so I’ll indulge you and find a site that aggregates the stats
Found it myself:

How many homes have won the Premier League?
On average, Premier League teams consistently win around 46.2% of home games, while the draw occurs around 27.52% of the time and the away team are victorious in 26.32% of games.

https://help.smarkets.com/hc/en-gb/...-consider-home-advantage-for-football-trading

So given that every team plays every other team home and away, the above is a stark reminder that a home team has almost twice as much chance of winning a game than an away team, statistically.

You really belive that has nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with familiar surroundings? The German league (5 home wins from 27 games) says not, albeit it's a small size. We will know much more once the results are in for Germany, England and Spain at the end of July.

Found it myself:

On average, Premier League teams consistently win around 46.2% of home games, while the draw occurs around 27.52% of the time and the away team are victorious in 26.32% of games.

https://help.smarkets.com/hc/en-gb/...-consider-home-advantage-for-football-trading

So given that every team plays every other team home and away, the above is a stark reminder that a home team has almost twice as much chance of winning a game than an away team, statistically.

You really belive that has nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with familiar surroundings? The German league (5 home wins from 27 games) says not, albeit it's a small size. We will know much more once the results are in for Germany, England and Spain at the end of July.

Ask Vinny - he did a thesis on this very subject for his MBA, getting views from prominent players the world over

Found it myself:

Once again you aren’t looking deeply enough into it. Even if fans were the overwhelming reason for home advantage, which they aren’t, a headline figure of a 46% win ration is hardly overwhelming proof of the power of playing at home. But once you factor in my earlier point that when teams are relatively evenly matched the win ratio for home teams drops to 29% then the unimportance of fans in influencing the outcome becomes even more apparent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.