Summer Transfers

It's maybe a pre-contract or something, I don't know how that works tbh.

what I do know though, is that the contracts and such details are all done and paying the transfer fee is all that is missing.

So the selling and buyimg teams
have agreed the fees
The players involved have agreed wages and contracts
The agents, players and clubs have signed contracts.

And only you know this:

Bastoni-but at this price, shouldn't it be worth bringing someone with experience? Like Koulibaly, Skriniar , Upamecano?
Mohammed Ihattaren-
I think we should go for him with everything we have. He is an amazing talent and could be one of the best players in the league in 2-3 years. I really think so.
Tanguy Kouassi-
Great talent, tall and very strong physically , I think he is not good enough to play as a CDM, probably not in Pep's team, but as a CB and as aoa free agent he can be a bargain. The problem is that if I was him, I would choose to move to RB Leipzig .

Eduardo Camavinga-
If I could sign one player this year at midfield position, I'll choose Camavinga. I have no doubt at all that he could be the best CDM in the world for the next decade. I think he might be one of the best signing we made in the Pep era but still, I don't think there's any chance of that happening. First of all he will be very expensive, second thing Real Madrid want him and I do not think he would rather play for City and not for Real under Zidane, thirdly we signed Rodri a year ago for so much money. I really think there is no way this will happen but I would love to be surprised

Bastoni: bieng left footed + inter not needing to sell, is part of what makes him worth more than his "experienced courter parts"

Ihattaren: agreed.

Tanguy Kouassi: Leipzig and Milan are a great short term career stepping Stones. But if you have the opportunity to join one of the best youth project in the World and be promised to be an important part of it, would you turn it down?
When (possibly) his RCB competition could be mostly just his age mates?
Aymeric Laporte (26)
Alessandro Bastoni (21)

Fernandinho (35)
Éric Garcia (19)
Tanguy Kouassi (18)
Hardwood-bellis (18)
And as Pep has shown with Rodri, his philosophy is players bieng able to play two or three Position.
His CB are expected to be able to "play CDM"
His CDM are expected to be able to "play CB"
Etc..

Camavinga:

this is real Madrid's midfield:
Casemiro (28) - DM
Valverde (21)
Kroos (30)
Modric (34)
Isco (28)
Camavinga (18) - DM
Casemiro has played 97% of all the available minutes. He is rarely ever injured. Modric(2021) and Isco(2022) are most likely going to stay. So where is Camavinga going to play?

The youngest french player In Madrid's squad is Ferland Mendy (25). They will have 8 total french speakers including Zidane & Camavinga.
So beside the fact of Bieng Madrid and the french Factor, for what sporting reason would he join Madrid?

Meanwhile for Our squad:
Foden (20)
Aouar (22)
Camavinga(18) - DM
Rodri (24) - DM
De Bruyne (29)
Bernardo (26)

Only Kevin, Bernardo are "guaranteed" starters.
Rodri has only had 1 season here, so he still does not have the DM position 100% on lock. Pep rotates very often.

If we get all of our targets we would also have 4 new teenage french Players joining the squad.
(Ait-Nouri, Traoré, Kouassi, Camavinga) + Aouar (22)

So what Sporting project would you rather join if you were Camavinga? Man City Or Madrid?

Last edited:
Bastoni: bieng left footed + inter not needing to sell, is part of what makes him worth more than his "experienced courter parts"

Ihattaren: agreed.

Tanguy Kouassi: Leipzig and Milan are a great short term career stepping Stones. But if you have the opportunity to join one of the best youth project in the World and be promised to be an important part of it, would you turn it down?
When (possibly) his RCB competition could be mostly just his age mates?
Aymeric Laporte (26)
Alessandro Bastoni (21)

Fernandinho (35)
Éric Garcia (19)
Tanguy Kouassi (18)
Hardwood-bellis (18)
And as Pep has shown with Rodri, his philosophy is players bieng able to play two or three Position.
His CB are expected to be able to "play CDM"
His CDM are expected to be able to "play CB"
Etc..

Camavinga:

this is real Madrid's midfield:
Casemiro (28) - DM
Valverde (21)
Kroos (30)
Modric (34)
Isco (28)
Camavinga (18) - DM
Casemiro has played 97% of all the available minutes. He is rarely ever injured. Modric(2021) and Isco(2022) are most likely going to stay. So where is Camavinga going to play?

The youngest french player In Madrid's squad is Ferland Mendy (25). They will have 8 total french speakers including Zidane & Camavinga.
So beside the fact of Bieng Madrid and the french Factor, for what sporting reason would he join Madrid?

Meanwhile for Our squad:
Foden (20)
Aouar (22)
Camavinga(18) - DM
Rodri (24) - DM
De Bruyne (29)
Bernardo (26)

Only Kevin, Bernardo are "guaranteed" starters.
Rodri has only had 1 season here, so he still does not have the DM position 100% on lock. Pep rotates very often.

If we get all of our targets we would also have 4 new teenage french Players joining the squad.
(Ait-Nouri, Traoré, Kouassi, Camavinga) + Aouar (22)

So what Sporting project would you rather join if you were Camavinga? Man City Or Madrid?

But when you've got Real Madrid as an option, the sporting project rarely matters. They walk you down that hall of fame and you see 13 European Cups, you see the Bernabeu, the chance to live in Madrid in beautiful weather, he'd earn far more than he would here. I think unless we tie Pep down and have him guaranteed a few more years publicly, we lose a fair bit of appeal.

But when you've got Real Madrid as an option, the sporting project rarely matters. They walk you down that hall of fame and you see 13 European Cups, you see the Bernabeu, the chance to live in Madrid in beautiful weather, he'd earn far more than he would here. I think unless we tie Pep down and have him guaranteed a few more years publicly, we lose a fair bit of appeal.

There is zero need to do anything publicly. Do you think Rodri left his childhood club and joined us to just learn one or two year under Pep? Only he and Pep knows.

All those sound nice until your career start to stagnate. Athletes, especially the Young superstars in the Making, They are starting to value their career trajectory and sporting project more and more, over "history and hall of fame".

Saul Niguez set to announce new club in three days, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Griezemann MK2 coming up. Probably go to the rags along with another fifteen players this summer. We were linked at one stage I think, but can't see us being in for him as we have Rodri in that position.

Saul Niguez set to announce new club in three days, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Griezemann MK2 coming up. Probably go to the rags along with another fifteen players this summer. We were linked at one stage I think, but can't see us being in for him as we have Rodri in that position.
Likely a sponsorship announcement, if he really was about to leave in 3 days there would definitely be a leak somewhere.

There is zero need to do anything publicly. Do you think Rodri left his childhood club and joined us to just learn one or two year under Pep? Only he and Pep knows.

All those sound nice until your career start to stagnate. Athletes, especially the Young superstars in the Making, They are starting to value their career trajectory and sporting project more and more, over "history and hall of fame".

Rodri was wanting to leave after conversations with Simeone to be fair, but he's one with his head screwed on right. Just saying young kids can easily have their heads turned by the glitz and glamour of Madrid compared to Manny. Undeniably we're a great project - especially IF guardiola's here a lot longer, but if he's not, or if its not made clear to players...

He bought G Jesus as the Agüero replacement.

Nolito played 17 games as a LW and about 4 at ST.

Nolito was Sold and we started Chasing Sanchez in 2017. So Clearly pep wanted another Old Winger/Striker to replace Nolito.

Then in 2018 we got Mahrez instead when Sanchez went to United.

So by evidence of all of his attacking purchases bieng Under 23 years old, why did he want to have 1 old player in attack?

We spent 2 summers trying to replace a 29 yr old that barely played.
Nolito(29)-->Sanchez(29)-->Mahrez(27.5)

So why do you think Pep should replace Mahrez beside his "high wages"?
& How is Mahrez "Sterling's back-up"?

I am not sure where your coming from but we did not try to get rid of Nolito, he left as he wanted to go back to Spain which did not work out for him, he was a great target man and describing him at a winger is pretty much like describing Navas as a striker, we actually started chasing sanchez before Barca but with both putting in a £25 million bid he chose Barca and ended up crying for game time.
I do not know anyone who does not believe Sterling a and Sane are our best wingers, though some think Sterling plays better on the left i do not,I do not think Pep should replace Marhez this season, we have too many changes to make already but next he will be blocking younger and better players out of our academy or bought

I am not sure where your coming from but we did not try to get rid of Nolito, he left as he wanted to go back to Spain which did not work out for him, he was a great target man and describing him at a winger is pretty much like describing Navas as a striker, we actually started chasing sanchez before Barca but with both putting in a £25 million bid he chose Barca and ended up crying for game time.
I do not know anyone who does not believe Sterling a and Sane are our best wingers, though some think Sterling plays better on the left i do not,I do not think Pep should replace Marhez this season, we have too many changes to make already but next he will be blocking younger and better players out of our academy or bought
I never said we tried to get rid of him. We sold him because he wanted to leave.

Then in 2017 with the Sancho contract situation, what 29 year old player were we trying to sign? Sanchez.

If Nolito had not left, would we have tried to sign Sanchez? No, probably not.

And since we could not get Sanchez, we went after Mahrez the next summer.

So why would Pep want to insistent on buying an old player for his squad, just to sell him a year or two later?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.