UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
can uefa increase there punishment if they win the appeal ? i heard somewhere that if you lose the appeal the punishment could increases. the ban is bad enough ? but adding more fines or another year would truly finish me off with football

i know i know ?? and i can under the owners wanting to win the biggest titles in europe and the world club competitions because it brings in the right media and images and prize money / but uefa don't want us around and winning the champions league ? its clear as mud to me and many fans. but the owners keep coming back for more and more season after season and take the punishment handed out by the uefa board and the match officials

will this case if we lose ? brake the camels back and the owners wave the white flag and take the shit and play ball with uefa. take the 2 years ban or a reduced punishment and then build ? it will be a free run on spending without and more punishment or being asked to play the game of uefa FFP rules. city in the next 5 to 10 years will be not be effected by FFP and the growing premier league revenues and cups is enough to keep this club and its fans happy. so how much is european football worth ?? £50million to £100million depending on the groups and winning it.

so a short term ban and then a free run without uefa and its dodgy FFP rules and then city could really build and then look out ? city have been punished for something back in 2013/14 and that's after the punishment was first handed out so city would be daft ever to make the same mistakes again

so lets say we have to miss champions league for a couple of seasons so what ? city would be sunning it up on a trip to our owners home or the USA play some friendly games and make some money that way

I’ve mentioned this before but I’m not sure many picked up on it. The Conn article stated that in the lead up to the 2014 sanction, City provided UEFA with 12 months worth of bank records from our online account going back to Spring 2013. You also have to think that in the wake of the 2014 settlement agreement - when our accounts were under even greater scrutiny from UEFA - that we would’ve provided them with bank records for perhaps the next couple of years or so. Surely if there were any significant payments from ADUG then they would’ve stood out like a sore thumb and been picked up by UEFA at the time?

i think the mancini so called pay off. would be easy to find and even asking the man himself for his accounts would be no trouble

It won't have been a key thread in the CAS appeal in itself, as Stefan says. But it may give us some context, something which was sorely lacking in the emails published in Der Spiegel. It could well be a pointer to who paid the additional money.

My grounds for saying that it doesn't refer to Sheikh Mansour on the balance of probabilities are that:
  • Other emails refer to 'ADUG', so why not in this one if that's what Pearce meant?
  • There's no other emails we've seen where Sheikh Mansour is referred to by name (although that doesn't mean there aren't any). It was ADUG in the ones published, or 'ADUG shareholder'.
  • I even doubt whether Sheikh Mansour has the day-to-day involvement in ADUG that would require him to make that decision.
  • We know Etihad and its sponsorship of City was funded by the Executive Council, which is chaired by MBZ just a couple of years earlier.
  • We know the protocol is that the use of 'His Highness' without any preceding qualification (I.e. when it's clear which member of the royal family it's referring to) appears to be reserved for MBZ. And Pearce would certainly have known that. It would be second nature to him.
Fair that it's sort of a side point regardless, but just logically, I can't wrap my head around HH with no other qualifier not referring to Mansour. How else would you refer to him in email? Serious question. Just given that Mansour is the "His Highness" that people would refer to most internally it would make a ton of sense if he was simply "HH" and any other "HH" to be referred to as "HH Sheik [name]".

It's also not uncommon in any organization I've worked in for the boss to only be invoked in matters of cash disbursement or something similar. Very plausible to me that this would be the only "day to day" sort of involvement he has.

Yes, Karen , I have. My feeling towards the club will never change.
But if it emerges that Soriano has deceived us fans or has just dropped a huge bollock, then he has to go. Other reforms in the club will be needed and I will expect them pronto.
City is the club I have supported for over 60 years. That will never change. I will forgive a naughty child.
I agree,soriano and maybe khaldoon would have to go along with several others

Good for you but in these troubled times an owner finding a dodgy way to put more money into the Club they own might isn’t much more than a misdemeanour IMHO. Yes I might think less of the administration but it won’t affect my love for City. If people want to walk away from supporting the club if we can no longer afford world class players then that’s my choice but I would prefer there to be 30k in the ground getting behind the lads.

I think k the Club’s values seem to have improved from the Swales and Lee eras anyway. Calls by staff to vulnerable fans, paying match day staff in full, full ticket and season card refunds for cancelled games, support of food banks and free sky codes for the games we can’t go to at least matches any cheating / manipulation on FFP we might or might not have done.
My post said individuals and the owner not the club,we will mostly all be there as we have always been,if we had to start all over again we would still be there

We have been adamant we have done nothing ,the question was if we have exhausted all of the options and still found guilty how would your view of individuals be

We disagree but the key if City pursue this strategy, is that City win. Any other outcome and whether they are actually "innocent" will be irrelevant.

We cannot disagree about facts we have commented on the case ? To comment anymore would clearly not be productive and in fact would probably be very damaging if not legally impossible.

taking a deal of innocent would also be very very damaging

Khaldoon won't be going anywhere. Not even sure Soriano would tbh.
The question was if we exhaust all options and we are still guilty,when players/sponsers leave and the media and other clubs can legitimately call us cheats then someone high up is going to have to take responsibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.