Unions

Power does funny things to people. Whether they are part of the establishment, or trying to tear the establishment down, the formula is essentialLy the same: people are cunts, or certainly all have the capacity to be cunts.

Ultimately, they want everything for themselves. Money, ideas, attention.

The more people get, the more they want. It is a a highly unpleasant characteristic quirk in our species.
Soon as I read "people are cunts" I was trying to press the like button pal: )

I haven't read the thread so no doubt this has already been said, but unions have given us:
  • Paid annual leave;
  • Weekends;
  • Much improved pay;
  • Much improved conditions;
  • Reasonable working hours;
  • Sickness entitlement;
  • Holidays.
And that's to name but a few of their achievements.

To complain about unions is a 1st World Problem and a symptom of us becoming spoit brats. Please take a minute to have a look at that list and imagine life without those things. As far as I can see, the only reason anyone could oppose what unions have achieved - and continue to achieve - is that they're a greedy and exploitative employer. If they're not in a position to reasonably provide the contents of the above list, then I would suggest that they're not doing a good job of running a credible business.

I remember watching a documentary about industrial strife in the 60’s and 70’s, and Peter Shore, of all people, appearing as a talking head, acknowledged (or words to the effect of) without any ostensible prompting, that the Unions fucking blew it.

I wonder how different the country would look today if they’d been more restrained, considered and strategic when they were at their strongest (as well as their most irresponsible).

They overplayed their...errr...collective hand and I believe the country is a poorer place to live today as a consequence. Almost certainly Thatcher would have been a milk-snatching footnote in history if it wasn’t for their high-octane charged recalcitrance in the mid-70’s.

They fucked themselves, basically.

Look into Heath's incomes policy whilst he was PM.

I'm not saying that unions don't have a role in protecting workers' rights, trouble is some of them take it to the extreme.
We used to manufacture 4 car brands in Australia including Ford Mitsubishi Toyota and Holden GM, now we manufacture none, primary reasons is that Australian employees are the most expensive in the world, not only do we get 4 weeks annual leave plus 10 days statutory leave we also get 10 weeks long service leave every 10 years and we actually get leave loading so higher pay when we are on holiday... this is all come about by union pressure over the years.
Australian wages are amongst the highest in the world including a minimum wage of about $20 an hour.
Unions have done a great job getting all these benefits for workers manufacturing is getting less & Less.

Its not that Aussie wages are high, its that capitalists prefer to exploit workers from countries where wages are low.

All that a working class man has to sell is his labour, the more he gets for his labour the better, Marx talks about this using Surplus Value.

Sadly what was an excellent wumming thread has degenerated into serious discussion. I did warn the op that this could happen, and urged him to change the title to white lives matter, or something about Israel but he didn't fucking listen and now look where we are.

i prefer the white ones,but ill eat the red ones as well, spring ones are nice, but fried ones on a hot dog are my favourite

My ERO (currently Norf Landan and healthy eater) is appalled at my predilection for home-assembled dawgs. And I have recently elevated my art by paying attention to that Spanish chef they have at City who showed us how to make a Spanish omelette, and caramelised the unions - high heat and constant stirring, rather than the slow, sweating I used to employ!

I could be a shop steward in a hot dog factory, but I've got the wrong kind of frying pan!

Sadly what was an excellent wumming thread has degenerated into serious discussion. I did warn the op that this could happen, and urged him to change the title to white lives matter, or something about Israel but he didn't fucking listen and now look where we are.

Unions are ok for yoghurt knitting teachers or wimps that can't stand up for themselves I suppose.
(There, back on track!)

Mat would have posted in this thread in defence of the unions, especially the train ones but unfortunately he was working the 14.52 London to Birmingham train but instead he ended up in Crewe...…… All together now......

Oh Mr Porter what shall I do
I want to go to Birmingham
And they're taking me on to Crewe
Send me back to London as quickly as you can
Oh Mr Porter what a silly girl I am.

Interesting that a lot of the latest covid outbreaks seem to be linked to factories that stayed open when they shouldn't have done, where workers are saying they're being to forced to go in sick and where social distancing has been ignored. We're seeing it at meat plants in Germany and The States and similar stories coming factories in a Leicester. Perhaps if more of us were properly unionised and able to push back against unscrupulous bosses like this we'd have been a lot better prepared to deal with a crisis like this. Lots of people have spent too much time whinging about outdoor protests rather than talking about where the real problem is.

Yes I would.
no you wouldnt.
the TOCS and FOCS want more for their money and would have people doing unsafe stuff to do it quicker and more cheaply.
if a member of staff said no im not doing it as it not safe and had no union to back him up he would simply be sacked.
the unions are there to make sure the railway is safe for its workers and customers.
its a pretty simple fact really and i dont know why you cant get your head round it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.