CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Its a possibility that City are briefing they had no idea of the result as a courtesy to CAS.

Not having it that a result of this nature and the subsequent media attention it would receive worldwide wasn't given to both parties in advance so that lawyers could brief on media releases.

That opinion ties in with those on here who have experience of arbitration and the law.

Can't see you being wrong mate.

The clubs statement was released at 9.29, so they must have known in advance.

How far in advance, who knows.

Can people stop fixation on this - it’s neither here nor there the release time was based on a system time clock that might have been out by a minute or two and one of two prepped statements ready to publish as soon as the arbitration review was published.

“Uefa's legal department asked SPIEGEL to publish the material on Manchester City.”

Has anyone else picked up on this? If what DS are saying is correct then UEFA have been complicit in causing reputational damage to the club and been in on this right from the start of this saga, and that they didn’t open their investigation as a result of the articles being brought to their attention as previously thought. I appreciate that we don’t have issues with everyone at UEFA and Ceferin seems a decent sort but I’d love to know who at UEFA was behind this.
Dodgy as fuck mate, a pound to a penny if they were challenged on this they couldn't hide behind 'cleaning up football' as it'd be only stuff on us the wanted printed so they could get their grubby hands on it.

Im not privy to what may have transpired beforehand, only the assertion that the senior personnel did not know the verdict and the nerves were very much real.

I would not know as to your knowledge on actual legal process beforehand.

Looking from the outside I was confident that we'd be found not guilty but I was bricking it from getting up on Monday until the verdict was published. It was just like waiting for exam results.

I believe City sought and received the best legal counsel for the job, knowing how well the CAS hearing had gone.

You can be confident but until the verdict was announced, it was still to be known.

What a horrible situation to be in. There were no leaks to feed off for a reason.

Respect to them. As others have said they probably had a good idea. But ultimately it was indeed shit or bust Monday morning. What a result !

Can people stop fixation on this - it’s neither here nor there the release time was based on a system time clock that might have been out by a minute or two and one of two prepped statements ready to publish as soon as the arbitration review was published.

Fixation? Its the first time I've ever mentioned it.

Oh yes. Some of the stuff l get as a result of what I have clicked even on here is astonishing.whether as ads or e mails.
But it is rare that an ad leads me to buying - especially a box at the Swamp.
That's the link you want to click on, multiple times, from multiple devices, clearing cookies regularly..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.