COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unusually today of the 15 England hospital deaths - they were aged between 46 and 90 and five of these aged between 46 and 84 had no known underlying conditions.
The thing about those numbers is we don't know when they became ill, a guywas released from hospital recently after 90 days in a coma (and presumably some time after the coma, and some before), it could be 4 months give or take a day or two since he was infected, that's mid March, when treatments weren't fantastic.

Anybody else been to give plasma. I went yesterday to Plymouth Grove, will receive a letter soon to tell me if I had enough antibodies to be deemed useful for more donations.

my neighbour did one as it was white,was it made clear to you whether you were tested as having the virus now or was it an antibody test? Worth giving them a cal!
The antibody test is a blood sample taken like a finger prick, you get your results in 15mins.
Interestingly if you tested positive and were asymptomatic there is a 40% chance it will return no antibodies research suggests

ONS stats say that 10 days ago we had 560 less deaths than the average death rate over the last 5 years. I'll stick by my prediction that it is currently 1000 less at the moment. Results out next Tuesday.
I'll also predict that it will continue at that rate for sometime.

Anybody else been to give plasma. I went yesterday to Plymouth Grove, will receive a letter soon to tell me if I had enough antibodies to be deemed useful for more donations.
I went a month ago. Sadley the veins in my arms weren't big enough to give it and have the non plasma pushed back.

ONS stats say that 10 days ago we had 560 less deaths than the average death rate over the last 5 years. I'll stick by my prediction that it is currently 1000 less at the moment. Results out next Tuesday.
I'll also predict that it will continue at that rate for sometime.

a note on this one too, we were mostly below average before this kicked off too.

no conclusions to draw, just found it interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ple-in-delhi-have-had-coronavirus-study-finds

a study reckons up to 23% of people in Delhi have covid anitbodies - does this mean that people dying from it are not being accounted for or that far less people are dying from it than thought? (about 3,500 have been reported to have died from covid in Delhi).

The widespread use of blood plasma in India has reduced the number of deaths of COVID patients, relative to the UK experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.