CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

That must be a possibility. Qatar?
The idea that an impoverished student could afford the software, hardware and running time to pull off one of the biggest hacks of all time and did it all from a back bedroom is just ludicrous.
It probably was him acting alone, and there are many cases of this where the target has been government(s) with all the cyber security precautions that entails. I don’t get the impression that hacking into any City information system was/is all that difficult, and I know of no other major, multi-million pound organisation where people leave their jobs and their log in credentials are not stopped, which is supposedly how Liverpool got in.

I think you underestimate how easy it is to break into a companies email system if their is minimal security applied.

I think you underestimate how easy it is to break into a companies email system if their is minimal security

Question.
When it comes to the shit,am clueless,
So besides breaking into a company system.
Now I assume they be literally thousands of emails,
Now for my stupidity,I guess they wont have hundreds off people dissecting through each email to get the information they wanted,
So am I right in think they use some programming to highlight the said emails they were after and these pop up???

It probably was him acting alone, and there are many cases of this where the target has been government(s) with all the cyber security precautions that entails. I don’t get the impression that hacking into any City information system was/is all that difficult, and I know of no other major, multi-million pound organisation where people leave their jobs and their log in credentials are not stopped, which is supposedly how Liverpool got in.
Look at the original reports. City was a tiny fraction. Huge, wide ranging hack.

Maybe i posted this on the wrong thread previously, but i guess it relates to both this thread and the Media Thread. I have read and taken on board what so many knowledgeable Blues have had to say. I do not know if this has been said before, but in reading this snippet from this Sweeney character, it brings this back to the forefront of my mind-

Manchester City are football's most despicable club and Pep Guardiola its most despicable manager. The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) decision overturning their Champions League ban doesn't change that.

The decision hardly constitutes a ringing exoneration of City's financial behaviour. While it found that some of the allegations made by UEFA against the club were "not established", it acquitted them on others solely because they fell outside the time limit during which such cases can be dealt with.

I refer to the time limit. In a Criminal Court or Civil Court, certain evidence can be deemed inadmissible for whatever reason, meaning the Defence, Prosecution , Defendant or Claimant cannot rely on certain evidence in Court. A Judge can advise a Jury to disregard certain evidence that may be passed in a Trial. If City have laid down a marker at the Appeal, that certain evidence from UEFA is time barred in the first instance, but City being ready to argue against the veracity of UEFA's time barred evidence, am I correct in assuming that the three Judges, in accepting that certain evidence was time barred, could simply look at what evidence is deemed time barred and therefore not examine or consider it, as there would simply be no point in considering such evidence from a legal point of view, it would be wasting their time.

Such a lack of consideration of any time barred evidence, could well have led to the pretty bland statement from the Court that some of the evidence presented by UEFA was time barred. Have these great minded Journalists considered the point that the time barred evidence could also have been interpreted that City did nothing wrong, instead of jumping on the bandwagon that the time barred evidence must show City to be guilty???
How the fuck does he get away with publishing THAT

That's not what happened with Liverpool hacking
They took someone's login details
Their own were cancelled

Maybe i posted this on the wrong thread previously, but i guess it relates to both this thread and the Media Thread. I have read and taken on board what so many knowledgeable Blues have had to say. I do not know if this has been said before, but in reading this snippet from this Sweeney character, it brings this back to the forefront of my mind-

Manchester City are football's most despicable club and Pep Guardiola its most despicable manager. The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) decision overturning their Champions League ban doesn't change that.

The decision hardly constitutes a ringing exoneration of City's financial behaviour. While it found that some of the allegations made by UEFA against the club were "not established", it acquitted them on others solely because they fell outside the time limit during which such cases can be dealt with.

I refer to the time limit. In a Criminal Court or Civil Court, certain evidence can be deemed inadmissible for whatever reason, meaning the Defence, Prosecution , Defendant or Claimant cannot rely on certain evidence in Court. A Judge can advise a Jury to disregard certain evidence that may be passed in a Trial. If City have laid down a marker at the Appeal, that certain evidence from UEFA is time barred in the first instance, but City being ready to argue against the veracity of UEFA's time barred evidence, am I correct in assuming that the three Judges, in accepting that certain evidence was time barred, could simply look at what evidence is deemed time barred and therefore not examine or consider it, as there would simply be no point in considering such evidence from a legal point of view, it would be wasting their time.

Such a lack of consideration of any time barred evidence, could well have led to the pretty bland statement from the Court that some of the evidence presented by UEFA was time barred. Have these great minded Journalists considered the point that the time barred evidence could also have been interpreted that City did nothing wrong, instead of jumping on the bandwagon that the time barred evidence must show City to be guilty???
It is highly likely that the time barred items would return the same result as those that were litigated since, other than the annual figures, the evidence would have been the same. Even Henry Winter made the mistake of assuming the time bar covered years where we had transgressed.
I went thru the Times feedback procedure to point this out and got a bland response from HW which didn't even mention the single point I had made.

The WarGames film wasn't real bud.

As said earlier, the scouts who left and went to Livarpool used a (still) current employees log in details. And yes, I've no doubt security could have been tighter.

Look at the original reports. City was a tiny fraction. Huge, wide ranging hack.
I did a Google search earlier trying to track down an article which detailed some of the known targets (there's been way more given to prosecutors since). Damned if I could find it though, I'm sure it included the Portuguese cyber crime unit and most of the upper tier judiciary system over there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.