Kalidou Koulibaly

It's as if bad form isn't allowed to happen to world class players. Either KK's had his head turned by our interest and saying the opposite to the press to keep Napoli happy when he does go, or he's in a spell of bad form post lockdown. Koulibaly's got years of brilliant performances in a challenging system under Sarri and after that against Liverpool and the like. Liverpool are not an easy team to play and he's done bloody brilliantly against them every time. He's been a standout defender for years and is recently one of the few good things about Napoli, but fuck me cut the man some slack he's allowed a few bad games here and there. Yet everyone's shitting the bed claiming he's just another Mangala. Yeah watch the recent games, but look at the years of work an brilliant games he's also had. World class talent. One of the very best CBs in the world. City should do whatever they can to strike a deal considering he's the perfect age profile for our young talents to develop into starters meaning we hopefully won't need to buy replacements.

Big season coming up for Bernardo, make or break in terms of his long term with us.

He needs to be picked to get some form going
He was our best player last season
I’m worried he will leave which would be a big loss
If I was him I wouldn’t be happy with Foden and Mahrez getting picked ahead of me

It's as if bad form isn't allowed to happen to world class players. Either KK's had his head turned by our interest and saying the opposite to the press to keep Napoli happy when he does go, or he's in a spell of bad form post lockdown. Koulibaly's got years of brilliant performances in a challenging system under Sarri and after that against Liverpool and the like. Liverpool are not an easy team to play and he's done bloody brilliantly against them every time. He's been a standout defender for years and is recently one of the few good things about Napoli, but fuck me cut the man some slack he's allowed a few bad games here and there. Yet everyone's shitting the bed claiming he's just another Mangala. Yeah watch the recent games, but look at the years of work an brilliant games he's also had. World class talent. One of the very best CBs in the world. City should do whatever they can to strike a deal considering he's the perfect age profile for our young talents to develop into starters meaning we hopefully won't need to buy replacements.

The only way I'd be doubting his level right now is if he was picking up loads of niggling injuries and was clearly losing his athleticism but I don't think that's the case. Like you said, it simply looks like bad form in a poor season for Napoli as a whole. I'm getting sick to death of drawing parallels but there were plenty on here who were laughing at the van Dijk fee, saying he wasn't worth the money and that he couldn't be that good because he was in poor form for Southampton.

Judging transfer targets off their most recent performances is exactly how you end up signing players like Otamendi and Bony so I'd rather we look at the bigger picture.

Seldom agree with Nev on anything. But on Garcia... I agree on a lot of yhzy

However I should add, that's not just one talent. It's a mix of talents. Good ball control, good vision, good awareness and good passing range. All of those make him assured on the ball. But yeah, that's the only strength he has so far.

I'm assuming they are expecting him to change a fair bit physically & that this will enable him to defend better, but even with that, he doesn't seem mobile enough for a 'shorter' cb & doesn't appear to have any particular heading ability.

I hope he becomes the player everyone sees, but right now, if he was playing against us for any of our CL opponents I'd be more confident of beating them.

If I was him I wouldn’t be happy with Foden and Mahrez getting picked ahead of me
True but when picked he has not looked himself, workrate outstanding but his footballing abilities poor.

True but when picked he has not looked himself, workrate outstanding but his footballing abilities poor.

He hasn't looked happy to me. The infectious smile hasn't been seen as much this season

And that business with the scouse guard of honour… although hilarious at the time... it's just not Bernardo's style

He hasn't looked happy to me. The infectious smile hasn't been seen as much this season

And that business with the scouse guard of honour… although hilarious at the time... it's just not Bernardo's style

Probably just recognises Foden at 20 has everything he has plus a bigger goal threat, so he’ll be riding the bench even more regularly if he stays.

Ultimately, it’s his own fault for coming - he was a key player for Monaco, as he is for Portugal; here he’s joined a club with better, more productive players than him in each of his favoured positions, so he can’t sulk that he’s seen as a utility man.

They’ve both offered much more than him though.

Probably just recognises Foden at 20 has everything he has plus a bigger goal threat, so he’ll be riding the bench even more regularly if he stays.

Ultimately, it’s his own fault for coming - he was a key player for Monaco, as he is for Portugal; here he’s joined a club with better, more productive players than him in each of his favoured positions, so he can’t sulk that he’s seen as a utility man.

We seem to forget that the best season Bernardo had in City's jersey which may also be in his career was last season. And he played regularly in the midfield. I don't believe he is doing badly, if he has a regular run of games in the midfield we will see the Bernardo of last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.