CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

@projectriver:
Sorry to bother you on something minor, but you may be the best to assess this.

The use of the word 'majority' is common in describing the panel opinions.
Should anything be read into the meaning of that? Is it always 2-1, and does it preclude 3-0?
I can't search the doc to see if they ever use 'unanimous'.
I've posted a couple of times about this but haven't seen any actual expert confirmation to back it up.

As I understand it the two Arbitrators consider the evidence and give their verdict on it, if they disagree then the President has the deciding vote. If both Arbitrators are in agreement then it's reported as a 'majority verdict'. I've no idea what they call it if the President has to overrule. The fact that 'majority verdict' appears to be the only term used suggests that there were no disagreements as surely they wouldn't both be at odds over every single decision.

I made a thread, amazingly it seems to have taken off and people like it. If you have a spare 3 mins, feel free to give it a read. Just my observations based on the facts of the 93 page report. No agenda bullshit

Well done m8.. There's been a lot of misinformation on twitter and people like you, pb, slsb etc have been jumping on those tweet threads and correcting them. It's an information war after all.

I think the BBC are going to be surprised by the amount of complaints that they receive. FWIW, I have had hundreds of likes / comments of support on Twitter and Facebook. I know not everyone who supports making a complaint to the BBC will write one themselves but I’ve been encouraged by the response.
My wife wrote to them. Again. She's livid!

If all you say is true - why did we warrant a two year ban for Christ sake?
UEFA found us guilty. CAS took a different approach to those emails in particular. UEFA didn't specify which punishment related to which charges but as that was the harshest punishment CAS assumed it was related to the severest rule break

Not at all.
I've told you it's a Witch Hunt they can find and twist whatever they want.
We now live in a world where everything can be scrutinised to the n'th degree, it doesn't matter who you are or what you are, if they wanted to they could make Mother Theresa look like Myra Hindley.
City knew the shower of ****s were out to get them so gave them fcuk all.

You don't feed the hand that bites you.
Good point, it’s don’t feed the mouth that bites you! :)

Thanks, so effectively criticising the g## for pushing the case in its unprepared state?

Or just not doing it right.

It ignores the issue that UEFA have no powers to compel information provision, and thus are reliant on what is given freely or publically available. My impression is that that's always going to struggle on proving a matter - it's very different from the earlier City matter when out books were clearly in breach of FFP.

Not ignoring that would require them to consider why there is a set of rules that can't be proven easily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.