CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Is this Linkedin page legit?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/simon-drake-25804b11/de

Near the bottom you see..

ITV board representative
2001 - 2006 -5 years
Manchester United Football Club TV channel

ITV board representative
Liverpool Football Club
2003 - 2006 - 3 years

Director
Arsenal Broadband Limited
2001 - 2006 - 5 years
Arsenal Football Club media business

Director
LiverpoolFC.TV Limited
2001 - 2006 - 5 years
Liverpool Football Club media business

What's the story here?

Rather telling that Jordan is saying nothing. He is someone who has been quite vocal so I am interested to hear his take on it.

Funnily enough, he joke of a column in today's Sun has made absolutely no reference to it.

He should be very nervous, City were made aware of his comments on Talk Shite the other month that we were even inflating prize money.

I mean, how the fuck do you alter Champions League prize money!!!!

Quite a softer stance, listening to Simon Jordan before his take was somewhat different to Monday. Do you think within the circles, legality of their views or we've made certain things known about what can be said

No, I just think they picked their panel well to avoid trouble. Julien Laurens and Jonathan Liew were on the podcast discussing the ban in February and were absolutely vitriolic about City, but they picked the laid back "it's all just like, a meaningless game anyway, man" Ronay and Panja who doesn't seem personally affronted by anything we've done.

Also remember this is all edited and run through lawyers anyway, not like Jordan live on air.

Funnily enough, he joke of a column in today's Sun has made absolutely no reference to it.

He should be very nervous, City were made aware of his comments on Talk Shite the other month that we were even inflating prize money.

I mean, how the fuck do you alter Champions League prize money!!!!
We can do what we want. That stuff is possible when we are owned by a petro dollar state and don't have any scruples about cheating.
I do hope he is is as nervous as a kitten, I really do mate.

I don't know Swiss law but I have been involved with arbitration cases in the UK. And in those cases both parties (via their lawyers) got both the preliminary decision and then the final judgement 24 hours (on a normal working day basis so Friday for Monday) ahead of the media release. One of these cases was very high profile in terms of media coverage.
There was also a comms process where each party involved, including the ruling panel, gave each other advance notice of the three press statements which went out at the same time. That was based on courtesy between the lawyers rather than any legal process. There may be lots of bitterness between City and UEFA but the lawyers are usually pragmatic. On this basis I would expect City's top people to see the judgement before it goes out. It's not like a criminal court where everyone waits for the judge.
It's been discussed on here a lot.
Basically unless the decision process has issues then an appeal is very unlikely to succeed. As UEFA controlled the decision process I would say they have as much chance of being successful as Hell freezing over.

If CAS dismissed charges on the basis they were time barred and therefore not even considered, I hope City can and will publish the irrefutable proof that would have had them dismissed even if not time barred.

Crazy (yet predictable) that despite the ban being lifted we are now more hated than Millwall, Leeds, Rags and Dippers put together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.