It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a bit meh with some of the players we've been linked with this summer.

But really like the look of Aouar and think Pep could mould him in to a Fernandinho 2.0.

We really miss that bite and energy in midfield, along with technical brilliance. Maybe the best way to do that is to take a number 8 who likes a tackle and turn them in to a 6?

I've been a bit unsure on Koulibaly or Diego Carlos. But the way I look at it is - how much improvement is there in Koulibaly? At 29 and playing for years at the top and coming off an average season. His momentum could be travelling in the wrong direction.

Whereas Diego Carlos, he's 27 and coming off a terrific season - the best of his career. He looks strong, decent on the ball and lightening quick. Although he gave away the pen, he was matching Traore stride for stride, not seen any centre half do that before.

Dybala would be an absolute dream signing for me. Can play up top, drop deep, wide, would come with no ego and could slot in anywhere across our forward line. And still only 26.
Ismaël Bennacer looks to me like the perfect holding player for us and would compliment Rodri if we decided to go with two holding in some games. That said I really like the look of Aouar and think he would also give our midfield similar qualities that will help us.

Am I the only person on the forum that rates Grealish? He stands up very well against the rest of the league in retaining possession, moving the ball forward, and creating chances. All in a comparatively awful side in Villa.

Also, perhaps not on a City front, but noticed PSG aren't renewing Thiago Silva's contract. Any news on where he's headed?

Am I the only person on the forum that rates Grealish? He stands up very well against the rest of the league in retaining possession, moving the ball forward, and creating chances. All in a comparatively awful side in Villa.

Also, perhaps not on a City front, but noticed PSG aren't renewing Thiago Silva's contract. Any news on where he's headed?
Yes you are.

Am I the only person on the forum that rates Grealish? He stands up very well against the rest of the league in retaining possession, moving the ball forward, and creating chances. All in a comparatively awful

Most don’t like due to his sock/ shin pad combo, thinking his playing ability comes second.

I think he's an excellent player. I am not sure that his character fits the 'type' of player we have but as a player, he is very good indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.