Kalidou Koulibaly

We were leaking goals for fun between September - December. After that we got better defensively but the title was gone.
Title was gone as soon as Laporte got that injury. Remember turning around to my Mrs at the Brighton game and saying the league has gone if the injury to Laporte is as serious as it looked.

We can't just rely on both defenders and our best holding midfielder to bail us out. The writing was on the wall with Otamendi and Stones in the community shield match against Liverpool. Remember saying to a Liverpool fan on the tube after the game that if we don't replace Kompany, and Laporte ever gets a serious injury so we had to rely on those two the league is over. He was adamant we were far too good for them and that we would romp the league with the squad we have, as modest as a Liverpool fan can be.
If it weren't for Salah's bad finishing that day they could have beat us by 5 or 6. Truth be told. At this level that is not acceptable, we need to get those two gone and replace with top class defenders. It's as simple as that.

If Van Dijk ever got a massive injury, they have Matip/Gomez to step up who are both fairly solid defenders. They might not be as pretty on the ball as Stones and Otamendi but they both know how to defend. We don't have the strength in depth in that area like they do, and it needs sorting quickly.

I've heard some have a go at Maguire on this forum but he's twice as solid as John Stones is, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Is that you, Aldo?
I'm just speaking the facts. Robertson's eyes looked like piss holes in the snow and he could barely concentrate. Foden gave him the run around.

Loked like a lad playing Sunday league after a night of 8 pints, 5 shots, 3 Jager Bombs and a curry to finish it off with 3 hours sleep before rolling out of bed and running onto a pitch. That's how bad he was.

I feel this deal will happen. This is not a Sancho like situation where the selling club can just wait without too many issues. This is the last year they can get good money for him and it's obvious his performances have started going down.

I feel we could get the fee even lower than reported if we were willing to wait longer.

I'm just speaking the facts. Robertson's eyes looked like piss holes in the snow and he could barely concentrate. Foden gave him the run around.

Loked like a lad playing Sunday league after a night of 8 pints, 5 shots, 3 Jager Bombs and a curry to finish it off with 3 hours sleep before rolling out of bed and running onto a pitch. That's how bad he was.

Robertson can’t defend he just runs a lot and fouls
Without the anfield crowd and shithouse refs that’s what happens
Great going forward but gets away with it at the back
Don’t make excuses because he got schooled
Same as Trent he just gets away with it at anfield as refs shit it
Neither can defend

Robertson can’t defend he just runs a lot and fouls
Without the anfield crowd and shithouse refs that’s what happens
Great going forward but gets away with it at the back
Don’t make excuses because he got schooled
Same as Trent he just gets away with it at anfield as refs shit it
Neither can defend
I disagree. Robertson is quality, there's no denying that. Those full backs are vital to the way they play and are their secret weapon going forward and provide pace and cover for the centre backs.
Tierney at Arsenal is very similar. Both brilliant full backs and will have good careers in the game. I'd definitely be knocking on Arsenal's door for him to replace Mendy, who's not good enough for me.
Trent is suspect at times, but isn't criticised because he's so productive going forward.
Making excuses about the Anfield crowd and the Ref is reaching further than me stating the facts that the Liverpool team were probably on the piss for a few nights.

We would have beaten them anyway with the form De Bruyne was in that night but it wouldn't have been as comfortable as it was if we both had something to play for. That's my point.

Only because they eased off after lockdown let's be honest. We wouldn't have beat them by 4 if they weren't on the lash a few days before. It would have been a much tighter affair if we had both been fighting for the title against each other. The 4-0 win for us meant nothing for both us and them in the grand scheme of things, they were already crowned champions before kick off.
So the newly crowned champions, labelled as the best team in the world by many, well the Liverpool Echo and Aldridge, were not up for this game against their nearest challengers, were not prepared, were not match fit and happy to get beat by City. Watch them walk out onto the pitch, they had hate in their eyes. You want me to believe it did not matter to them. Do me a favour.

Weird, because the way I remember it, Liverpool came out looking focused, started the game pretty well but as the game wore on, City just completely battered and outclassed them.

Robertson didn’t look hungover at the start of the game, but in fairness, he did by the end.

So the newly crowned champions, labelled as the best team in the world by many, well the Liverpool Echo and Aldridge, were not up for this game against their nearest challengers, were not prepared, were not match fit and happy to get beat by City. Watch them walk out onto the pitch, they had hate in their eyes. You want me to believe it did not matter to them. Do me a favour.
No, I'm not saying they're not bothered about the match as it would hurt your pride regardless of whether you've won the title or not. Nobody would want a good hiding off your nearest rivals. Of course it mattered to them but I definitely think them winning the title a few days before played a huge result in the way they defended this game as a whole. Normally they out run anyone, but they did not have the energy and drive to out run our midfield and make it a contest.

Anyways that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. If we do it again this season in a game where we are head to head and there's more at stake other than pride then I'll change my view on it.

Last edited:
Only because they eased off after lockdown let's be honest. We wouldn't have beat them by 4 if they weren't on the lash a few days before. It would have been a much tighter affair if we had both been fighting for the title against each other. The 4-0 win for us meant nothing for both us and them in the grand scheme of things, they were already crowned champions before kick off.
Just before the lockdown they lost four out of their last six games, they were already on the decline (Lost to Athletico twice, Watford! And Chelsea).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.