Kalidou Koulibaly

No, I'm not saying they're not bothered about the match as it would hurt your pride regardless of whether you've won the title or not. Nobody would want a good hiding off your nearest rivals. Of course it mattered to them but I definitely think them winning the title a few days before played a huge result in the way they defended this game as a whole. Normally they out run anyone, but they did not have the energy and drive to out run us.

Anyways that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. If we do it again this season in a game where we are head to head then I'll change my view on it.
Sorry,I don't agree with you, but it is a forum for opinions anyway. I just can't see a team of professional players going out and having too much to drink a few days before playing against the team where a win would enhance their credentials as champions. If you said they knew City were a better team and they knew VAR and officials had given them a helping hand to be champions, then that is more believable. As it was, on the day they were well beaten over the 90 minutes.

Just before the lockdown they lost four out of their last six games, they were already on the decline (Lost to Athletico twice, Watford! And Chelsea).
Exactly this. they were on their last legs. They were still going to win the league but i was very confident they wouldnt break our points record. Then the break happened and I thought they would recover but they didnt really.

Sorry, just realized this is the Koulibaly thread. Not bothered if DeLauretis is a prick if it means we change targets for Upamecano

That was the story, I just think he had the season of his life at Swansea, but was just a journeyman footballer the rest of the time.
Malaria can have a long term effect especially with recurrent infections, lead to a kind of chronic fatigue situation. He did appear to look in shape before left, but agree hit big time and journeyman thereafter sadly as that Swansea year he was ‘drogbaesque’

Just before the lockdown they lost four out of their last six games, they were already on the decline (Lost to Athletico twice, Watford! And Chelsea).
Correct, being found out.
Klopphead was desperate to get our record of 100pts.
If anything they had more to play for than us and we still spanked them.
To say they were pissed and that affected their performance is just made up nonsense spouted by dipper fans ike JosH7611

People need to calm down a bit about this hype – so reactionary over one good game. I can probably count the number of times Upamecano played against top teams/forwards on one hand. Koulibaly, along with Chiellini and Bonucci, have been the best centrebacks in Italy over the past five years and played at the highest level in UCL for many years.

Upamecano looks exciting but Koulibaly is complete and I can’t see him declining already. He has at least 3-4 years on top top level, perhaps even more. Upamecano could turn out a Maldini or a John Stones, either way it’s taking a chance and we need experience.
People need to calm down a bit about this hype – so reactionary over one good game. I can probably count the number of times Upamecano played against top teams/forwards on one hand. Koulibaly, along with Chiellini and Bonucci, have been the best centrebacks in Italy over the past five years and played at the highest level in UCL for many years.

Upamecano looks exciting but Koulibaly is complete and I can’t see him declining already. He has at least 3-4 years on top top level, perhaps even more. Upamecano could turn out a Maldini or a John Stones, either way it’s taking a chance and we need experience.
I'm pretty calm. I've seen very little of either player, but the 21 year old was brilliant last night & deserved a comment

He never played ian,he stuck with bony even when it was clear he was out of his depth,he fucked up,he was stubborn ,edin was never hot and cold enough not to play

He gave him opportunties alongside Bony (even gave him the nod in our poor home game against Liverpool during that season). Didn't feature that much under Pep.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.