Dogs/Puppies

Thanks for the replies. It seems its a complete no go for me. Sad.
You said you had a lab about 10 years ago so I'm guessing you are not that far off retiring? Get a pup as a retirement present. Just as I'd not recommend a dog for a working person i think everyone should have one in retirement - forces you to stay mobile and leave the house a few times a day which is half the battle in staying healthy in older age. Also maybe consider a mail order Russian/Thai bride for similar reasons.

I’m with most on here and don’t think it’s right for you at the moment.
I don’t know if they do it in England, but have you inquired about fostering a shelter dog for weekends.
I know a couple (that might make a difference) that I see regularly in the park with a different dog each time.

Got talking to them as their’s was playing with my Lab. They take a dog when maybe it’s elderly owner can’t look after it through illness or sadly dies. They mind the dog until it can be rehomed.
It’s just short periods.
They are on a list with Dog Trust over here in Ireland. Maybe there is something similar that you could put your name forward for.

You would still have to be available to spend time and exercise the dog though, I’d imagine.

You said you had a lab about 10 years ago so I'm guessing you are not that far off retiring? Get a pup as a retirement present. Just as I'd not recommend a dog for a working person i think everyone should have one in retirement - forces you to stay mobile and leave the house a few times a day which is half the battle in staying healthy in older age. Also maybe consider a mail order Russian/Thai bride for similar reasons.
No I turned 31 yesterday. I used to own a Labrador from 1999 till 2009 but I used to live with my parents then and I never felt like he was lonely because either me or my parents were home most of the time. Right now I live alone and that too outside my home country which has made matters worse for me.

IMG-7210.gif

Rather than getting one dog (that many folk have said would be rather cruel to be left alone all day in a small flat), have you considered a pack of huskies? They could entertain each other whilst you're at work, and once the winter comes they can pull your sled to the pub...

This is a great idea, not sure the missus would agree though, she's not keen on dogs

Our lab is on a weight loss programme as of 9.00 tomorrow morning. Having his balls off. Keeps shagging everything, trying to fight everything and needs calming down. Handsome looking dog though but a right handfull. To be fair he probably needs properly training, a few of his brothers and sisters are now trained to the gun but unfortunatly we dont move in those circles.

Don’t do it. Had dogs all of my life, to buy a puppy and then head to work for 7-8 hours a day isn’t right mate.

It’s shit to have people say that to you when your heart is set on it, but as a dog lover please wait until you’re in a position to be there for the majority of the day, and only leave him/her alone in rare circumstances.

Maybe there’s a way you can WFH given the current circumstances, but if not, just let it go until you’re in a more cohesive circumstance to letting a little buddy into your life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.