Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell. This made me tear up. It feels sacrilegious to pry him from that club. Then again, so much has changed, hasn't it?
I'm the contrary, they've forced him out, and now they're holding him hostage.
After everything he's done and given them this is how they want it to end? Fuckers.

Holy hell. This made me tear up. It feels sacrilegious to pry him from that club. Then again, so much has changed, hasn't it?

It's why we never tried to pry him away, and why Pep has always said he should stay. The club has wronged him so much that he's divorcing himself, which is just sad to think about I guess.

It's why we never tried to pry him away, and why Pep has always said he should stay. The club has wronged him so much that he's divorcing himself, which is just sad to think about I guess.
Never tried? We nearly bought him in 2017. We were so close.

Probably too much going on to be able to second guess it tbf. If he stays until the end of the season will new President be able to convince him to stay? Will Pep sign up for another couple of years or will he go back to Barca? Do they actually want to keep him or are they trying to hard ball us?

If it comes down to it, it would be worth the £100 million IMO as not only would we be getting Messi but we would also be getting Serge and Pep as well. With the Etihad deal up as well, it would put us in a great negotiating position for a new shirt sponsorship deal.
We're told City made attempts to sign Messi before but it's now a realistic proposition because Messi wants to move, and the fee becomes doable. Barcelona's public position is that the release clause is E700m. Standing in their shoes, I think it is a nonsense to retain an unhappy Messi at the heart of Barca. I believe they will compromise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.