Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the hand grenade that Messi threw yesterday about the state of the club, I'm not sure top players and new sponsors will be in a rush to get on board.

Whilst Messi may or may not stay, he has done a lot of damage to Barca
Possibly mate, but maybe him looking at it from the inside saw it as what was needed to instigate serious changes, serious changes that were needed ?

May be now board has won they will let messi go with some transfer fee and say- Player do not have more power than the board.
yea thats not gonna happen! If you are in the Himalayas you are going to be doing a lot of chanting and spinning a lot of those prayer pole things to get them to think like that !!

Just a thought, seems that some think that a change in President will actually mean Messi will sign a new contract. Of course an argument could be made that as a new President is going to have to deal with a whole host of financial troubles, an ageing squad requiring a rebuild why would you want Messi to assist with that given his earnings. Messi has already told the fans he wants out so it isn't as though they are not aware of his feelings. A new President may send him on his way with best wishes for the future and try and retain some dignity towards their loyal and probably best ever player.

The shirt sales thing is nonsense. The manufacturer take 95% of the revenue from shirt sales, that's why they pay clubs the contract sponsorship. There's also very rarely any major variation year-on-year in short numbers for the big clubs

So they make 5%. Ergo it’s not nonsense lol. How much does a shirt cost to produce? How much profit is there? I bet a 100,000 shirts with 5% income is still a fuckin huge amount.
I sell and have made a product for my company. It costs me $.50 yet I sell it for £8!
Let’s say a shirt is £65 they get 5% that’s around £400,000 just off a 100,000 shirts but I bet they sell a shit load more than that Per season. Then other sponsorship endorsements and they’ll easily make up his wage so again they don’t need to shift him on.
A quick google shows Barça sell roughly 1m Messi shirts a year at £70 a shirt, that’s £3.5m or €4.1m per year just on Messi shirts. If anyone thinks they can’t bring in the other £47-48m through other revenue sources then they are nuts.
This is if they actually make only 5%, a look online says city made £18 a shirt last season so if Barça made let’s say £15 that’s €17.7m just in Messi shirts alone meaning they need to find €34.3m to fund his wage. At £18 profit that’s €21.2m so now only €30.7m to find.... See where I’m going with this? Like I said, they don’t NEED to sell him as some are clinging on to.

A new president will offer the world to Messi, retire help run the club in some capacity .They can do with Messi the sort of thing we wanted to do with him offer Messi coaching schools basically rip off our plan for him !

A new president will offer the world to Messi, retire help run the club in some capacity .They can do with Messi the sort of thing we wanted to do with him offer Messi coaching schools basically rip off our plan for him !

Messi will have known for a while if a new president was prepared to offer the world to him yet he still wanted to leave.

Not sure I agree. A club where players decide when they can leave is not in a good space imo. Contracts are there to protect both parties. If there not worth the paper they are written on, what's the point of tgem

A party may be technically in the right (Whether Barca are or not - I have no idea). But paperwork or no paperwork, you have to ask yourself what's in your best interests. It's unusual for software companies to sue their customers for example, even when contracts are breached, because it's terrible publicity and doesn't do anything for attracting new customers - let alone doing business ever again with the one your are suing.

Same thing with football. Forcing to stay, a player who doesn't want to play for you, is never a good idea no matter what the contract says. It's made them look like complete twats, and for what? So they can get no money at all for Messi when he does fuck off? Result???! Not to mention the dressing room will be absolutely toxic for the start of the season.

A party may be technically in the right (Whether Barca are or not - I have no idea). But paperwork or no paperwork, you have to ask yourself what's in your best interests. It's unusual for software companies to sue their customers for example, even when contracts are breached, because it's terrible publicity and doesn't do anything for attracting new customers - let alone doing business ever again with the one your are suing.

Same thing with football. Forcing to stay, a player who doesn't want to play for you, is never a good idea no matter what the contract says. It's made them look like complete twats, and for what? So they can get no money at all for Messi when he does fuck off? Result???! Not to mention the dressing room will be absolutely toxic for the start of the season.

From his interview he did say it was difficult in the dressing room so I suspect he’s not done himself any more favours by pretty much calling out the squad, management and board. I just can’t see Barça dealing with us, they are such a stubborn club.

So they make 5%. Ergo it’s not nonsense lol. How much does a shirt cost to produce? How much profit is there? I bet a 100,000 shirts with 5% income is still a fuckin huge amount.
I sell and have made a product for my company. It costs me $.50 yet I sell it for £8!
Let’s say a shirt is £65 they get 5% that’s around £400,000 just off a 100,000 shirts but I bet they sell a shit load more than that Per season. Then other sponsorship endorsements and they’ll easily make up his wage so again they don’t need to shift him on.
A quick google shows Barça sell roughly 1m Messi shirts a year at £70 a shirt, that’s £3.5m or €4.1m per year just on Messi shirts. If anyone thinks they can’t bring in the other £47-48m through other revenue sources then they are nuts.
This is if they actually make only 5%, a look online says city made £18 a shirt last season so if Barça made let’s say £15 that’s €17.7m just in Messi shirts alone meaning they need to find €34.3m to fund his wage. At £18 profit that’s €21.2m so now only €30.7m to find.... See where I’m going with this? Like I said, they don’t NEED to sell him as some are clinging on to.
I can’t see many shirt sales in Asia costing £70 they are mostly snide ones

Bart doesn't care, I dont think he even has Barca best interest at this point, he is not going to go down in history as the man who sold/forced Messi from his beloved Barca.
As always money will be found and used to smooth things over.
Well he's already going down as the man who destroyed Messi at Barca so I don't think selling him is gonna make his reputation get worse if anything it'll improve it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.