Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was always on the cards, him staying.

I was taught one very valuable lesson many years ago when tried too help a mates girlfriend when he’d hit her, ‘don’t get involved in domestics, she’ll always go back too him’
My mates a .unt for what he did and she is for going back.

ditto Barça and ditto Messi. But that’s their problem not ours.

So they make 5%. Ergo it’s not nonsense lol. How much does a shirt cost to produce? How much profit is there? I bet a 100,000 shirts with 5% income is still a fuckin huge amount.
I sell and have made a product for my company. It costs me $.50 yet I sell it for £8!
Let’s say a shirt is £65 they get 5% that’s around £400,000 just off a 100,000 shirts but I bet they sell a shit load more than that Per season. Then other sponsorship endorsements and they’ll easily make up his wage so again they don’t need to shift him on.
A quick google shows Barça sell roughly 1m Messi shirts a year at £70 a shirt, that’s £3.5m or €4.1m per year just on Messi shirts. If anyone thinks they can’t bring in the other £47-48m through other revenue sources then they are nuts.
This is if they actually make only 5%, a look online says city made £18 a shirt last season so if Barça made let’s say £15 that’s €17.7m just in Messi shirts alone meaning they need to find €34.3m to fund his wage. At £18 profit that’s €21.2m so now only €30.7m to find.... See where I’m going with this? Like I said, they don’t NEED to sell him as some are clinging on to.

You've missed out the design and manufacture costs, the advertising, packaging and delivery costs, the store costs (and profits for the store), the fees and government taxes.
A £70 shirt is not worth £70 to the manufacturer. Far from it.

I'll be glad if he doesn't come to City, reading certain sections of the media, and people on social media he went from one of the best ever to an over the hill cart horse no fit to lace CR7's boots as soon as it was rumoured he was coming our way!
...and the majority of Messi's goals were flukes any way.

So they make 5%. Ergo it’s not nonsense lol. How much does a shirt cost to produce? How much profit is there? I bet a 100,000 shirts with 5% income is still a fuckin huge amount.
I sell and have made a product for my company. It costs me $.50 yet I sell it for £8!
Let’s say a shirt is £65 they get 5% that’s around £400,000 just off a 100,000 shirts but I bet they sell a shit load more than that Per season. Then other sponsorship endorsements and they’ll easily make up his wage so again they don’t need to shift him on.
A quick google shows Barça sell roughly 1m Messi shirts a year at £70 a shirt, that’s £3.5m or €4.1m per year just on Messi shirts. If anyone thinks they can’t bring in the other £47-48m through other revenue sources then they are nuts.
This is if they actually make only 5%, a look online says city made £18 a shirt last season so if Barça made let’s say £15 that’s €17.7m just in Messi shirts alone meaning they need to find €34.3m to fund his wage. At £18 profit that’s €21.2m so now only €30.7m to find.... See where I’m going with this? Like I said, they don’t NEED to sell him as some are clinging on to.

sorry mate im not arguing but him of SSN said city will need to sell 10 million shirts and still not make enough for his wages and they must be right. right

I think Messi has had a wobble, realised he might not win to many more trophies or awards and thought it’s now or never to leave, without realising his family are all settled in Barcelona and don’t wanna upsticks and leave all family and friends behind. He will always be regarded as one of the world greats the only thing he hasn’t won is possibly a World Cup, just can’t see him coming to City.

Maybe Messi should have taken this to court. Here is a video from Bartomeu in 2019 explaining the contract situation. It basically says Messi has a contract until 2021 but in his final year he can leave for free if he tells them before the season starts.

No wonder Messi is raging.

Maybe Messi should have taken this to court. Here is a video from Bartomeu in 2019 explaining the contract situation. It basically says Messi has a contract until 2021 but in his final year he can leave for free if he tells them before the season starts.

No wonder Messi is raging.

He had already had 2 months pay of his final year before he decided, he just should have read his contract.

Barca are turning into a complete cluster fuck of a club, Losing Suarez, looks like Vidal will go, Messi demoralised and in the shit financially and no leadership. Appointed a manager who nearly relegated Everton as well.

There only real target to improve them appears to be Garcia, No wonder Messi is wanting to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.