It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I agree with that.

I think the market is just incredibly slow because clubs had committed spend based on known income and then covid, a force majeure event, came in and incomes plummeted.
This situation has left very many, if not almost all, clubs in a precarious financial position and struggling to pay existing wage commitments never mind take on new liabilities.
There's also the fact that 'past their best' players, leaving big clubs at the latter end of their careers are generally on higher wages than the lower clubs can easily afford, even without this current situation.
Add into that mix the thought that clubs don't even know when they'll get supporters back into grounds again, in decent numbers, and it's quite amazing that any business is being done at all.
On the other hand, you might think those same circumstances would press some clubs into cashing in assets and/or slimming down wage bills. If so, you might expect a reduced, but still reasonable level of market activity, but at relatively knockdown prices. That would have been my guess but it will probably not turn out to be accurate.

As you say, though, getting rid of highly paid wasted assets is a hell of a task.

For everyone worrying about lack of signings btw, I think it's worth looking at the activity of other clubs for comparison.

United have one signing and Liverpool have none.

Barcelona have the strange Pjanic swap and the only other likely first teamer is a 20 year old Portuguese winger for €30m.

Real Madrid have made no moves to date.

PSG signed Icardi (who we wouldn't have wanted but still) and a backup goalkeeper.

Bayern took Leroy from us and did their usual trick of fucking over another Bundesliga team by tapping up their Goalkeeper and having him run down his contract.

Only Chelsea have made several significant first team signings.

It seems like it's not an easy summer and there's a lot left in the tank for the end of the transfer window.
The priority was a right sided central defender so why if money was an issue did we not strengthen the right sided central defender position first?

2019/20 City + Koulibaly would have made a huge difference.
2019/20 Cty + Torres and Ake still leaves us with a problem.

What do people get from saying ”It’s happening”, ”it’s not over”, ”it’s imminent”, ”this will soon be evident”?

If you have something to say, then say it, even if it’s not final! We want to know what’s going on behind the skyblue curtains!
Stop being needy ,it is like you have never experienced a transfer window before ,take a breath

Of course we didn’t want to. Koulibaly is the only central defender in the world who would have a similar effect to our defence as Van Dijk had to Liverpool.

So we’re about to spend 60-70m on an unproven central defender? Perfect, just what we need, another Otamendi. Fucks sake.
Lol

I was pissing around. As for ITKs, having been on here for years I'm not sure there are any.
There are 2 or 3 that hear stuff, nobody knows stuff, except every so often somebody left of field get's to know. twosips with Bernardo, and the one with Delph when he heard the club had a shirt printed or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.