Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

Has Pep spoken yet, no doubt he's proud of the players and really happy with everything.

Hope he comes out and say's it's simply not good enough and player were at fault
I’m sure he’s having a serious heart to heart with the players. You never know with Pep what he’ll do next.

Im not making excuses cos we were shite,but you can add to that the fact that if he doesnt award a pen for any of them, only one might get awarded by var, the phrase "made too much of a meal of it" springs to mind for two at least. The pens were brought about by shit defending/defensive positioning as much as anything.

Yep. Clumsy and naive are the words that spring to mind.

Again doom and gloom from you. Scraping for top four? Seriously? Wow
So you think we’ll do better than top 4 when Chelsea,Arsenal Liverpool, Leicester and rags have all improved except us ?

Bar KDB our best players were bought under Mancini or earlier which to me shows the issues. Yaya, Silva and Aguero were our best players until they weren’t, no one *actually* took over them. They regressed
I don’t care what anyone says, we’ve done some good business under Txiki; Kev, Ederson, Sterling. However, we made absolutely world class acquisitions with Garry Cook. I’d have him back tomorrow. Zaba, Kompany, Yaya, Aguero, Tevez. Welcoming Aguero in to the City offices by saying ‘welcome brother’ the man is an absolute legend and the best back room official we’ve ever had.

Edit; Cook also signed Silva.

Last edited:
Where to start?

Full backs:
Mendy and Walker are not fit for purpose. I know that on here Walker is lauded as still being the best right back in the Prem but that is absolute fucking nonsense. We have two full backs who do not defend and do not attack. They add nothing to our game. Take away Walkers pace and you’re left with an average footballer, with a less than average brain capacity.

Centre backs:
Garcia no good and going. Ake is a back up centre back, I do not understand how or why some on here have decided that Ake is our level because we have purchased him. He has proven nothing, he was a major part of a shite Bournemouth defence and looks like he will fit in just great with our shite defence. I thought he was quick? Look at him for the 2nd, looks like he was towing one of Rodris caravans.

CDM:
Rodri is a waste of fucking time and space. Slow as fuck and can’t make a forward pass. As soon as Fern went off, our £60m CDM looked fucking lost. I am sick of hearing that he needs X Y and Z around him. The only thing he needs is fucking off somewhere.

Wide forwards:
Mahrez...selfish twat. Yet again, he has his 4 or 5 moments in a game and is anonymous for the rest of it. If him standing around for 85 mins every week, offering nothing, is now acceptable in a Pep side, then Pep has lost the plot. As for Sterling, someone wants to tell him that the season has started. The ball is just bouncing off the tit every time it goes to him.

This side overall is nothing like the levels of 17/18. In fact the drop off, over the past 12 months is actually scary given we have Pep in charge. If I were a betting man, I would reckon this side will find itself in a battle for a top 4 spot this year and not a title challenge.

Well put. Our transfer department has been atrocious at finding players. We have been reliant on 4 players bringing the magical performances (bar Kev) with Aguero, Silva, Yaya and Kompany. Recruitment has been abysmal and I don’t know what Txiki is getting paid to do. This team has a lot of problems. LB, RB, RCB, CDM, CM, LW and ST. All positions that require attention, but have been ignored on the basis of nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.