Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

We got in some bad defensive positions but Leicester players just collapsed on contact. TV didn't question the pens but they looked questionable to me.

We barely created a chance and struggled defensively but that's hardly a surprise given that starting line up. We then got hit with 3 penalties against us, and a screamer. it's not normal. Vardy's 2nd goal was world class even ifGarcia completely switched off.
Thought vardy was offside tbh

I felt for Ake sandwiched between those 2 Clowns.

You could see he was anticipating problems Mendy,and Garcia should have been anticipating, and was starting to move towards them positional wise.

Mendy and Garcia are dreadful.

For a Center half Garcia is as slow as a Pensioner.

I still can not get my head around Leroy being benched until his exit for not resigning. Yet Garcia has already told us he is off,and here he is playing.Seems like double standards.

Sane was injured for the majority of last season tbf.

Pep is in a different world as a manager, but recruitment under Roberto was outstanding.
Roberto signings laid the foundations for all our success.

And i will go as far as saying all Roberto signing's were fundamental in Pellegrini. and Pep success.

They have all left the biggest void.

Thats the truth.

72 pages already. It seems there’s a bit of anger about !

Just a few random thoughts:

to all the Jesus haters. Today you saw exactly what he brings to this team. Without him moving defenders all over the place we got no space up front and Sterling and Foden were invisible. We don’t need to get rid of Jesus, we need another one just like him to provide cover.

mendy should never play for this team again. He is a total liability. Terrible defender and does nothing to help the attack.

we need to get Cancelo back ASAP to challenge Walker for a starting place. Walker has been playing well but he is far too prone to the poor decision which almost always costs us.

we need to take whatever money we can get for Garcia and send him on his way.

i was loving the Ferna/rodrI pairing in the first half hour then Ferna ran out of steam and Rodri seemed to get even slower.

please City, get a decent centre back signed along with a real left back and a defensive midfeielder.

if there are no options in the academy we also need a forward to cover for Sergio and Jesus.

H
The squad has been in decline since the end of 2018-19. A lot on here said it just needed the odd tweak while the rest of us knew it needed a full rebuild. You can't lose class like Silva, Sane, Kompany, let Fern get old and past it without replacing with the same quality. When was the last time Ederson kept a clean sheet? Great with his feet, not so great at keeping them out of the net. No decent LB. Not enough speed and intensity in the midfield. We're in a mess. CBs purchased too late. Hope we get some injured players back sooner rather than later and Dias hits the ground running.
He just won the golden glove

Easy to blame individual players in defence for that, fact is that our system really exposes players. It's rinse and repeat with teams like Leicester, we never seem to learn. On paper it looked like 2 DMs , but when Leicester sat back, they pushed forward leaving no protection at all

I felt for Ake sandwiched between those 2 Clowns.

You could see he was anticipating problems Mendy,and Garcia should have been anticipating, and was starting to move towards them positional wise.

Mendy and Garcia are dreadful.

For a Center half Garcia is as slow as a Pensioner.

I still can not get my head around Leroy being benched until his exit for not resigning. Yet Garcia has already told us he is off,and here he is playing.Seems like double standards.

To be fair the alternative to Garcia starting today was probably Harwood-Bellis as Laporte is not ready, Stones is injured again and Otamendi is packing his bags.

But yea the biggest mystery is Garcia starting Lyon after telling the club he won’t renew.

Garcia and Mendy were both terrible, Walker brain dead at times.

Let’s not forget Mendy virtually played 3 games in a week for the first time in years probably. So he must be exhausted but he’s still not good enough and we should really buy a first choice LB.

He's right though. Almost everything that could go wrong did today.

Vardy and his counter-attacking football is just made to play on our defensive vulnerability and to make it worse injury robbed us of our forwards.

Dias has got a really big job. So has Pep but that's good. We should still look forward to this season. Pep I think will prove people wrong and will enjoy doing so.

I don't think Pep is in the right space this year Marvin , its his last year and the players know it.

These players by and large have done enough in their minds and we need a transition again but with world class players not the ones we have now.

Dias may be the start assuming he comes he may not but when out whole game revolves around what a 35 year old does to stick the aging glue together you know its time for a major overhaul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.