VAR - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was 2018-19. VAR didn't get used in the PL until 2019-20.

Not that I think VAR isn't being used to influence results in favour of certain teams (2, both play in red... seen as being financially important for the PL product thanks to the sheer number of glory hunting, overseas plastics they attract...more TV subscribers, bigger TV contract negotiated)

The behaviour of match officials in the 2018-19 season was equally bent, they just didn't use as much subterfuge (people hiding in an office hundreds of miles away from the ground)... you only have to recall the dippers visiting West Ham...liner fails to spot Mr 8 Million signing on fee 2 yards off side whilst being barely 5 yards away from the action...and then there's an even more obvious liner error in the last minute, but origi's shit and he fucked it up.

How any professional organisation could carry out the shitshow which unfolded last season is beyond belief...why leave yourself open to the accusations they did - by going against what every other major European footballing nation did...especially as they've now fallen into line

Noted..!

You're spot on Mike.. I couldn't have worded your post any better..!

I'm sure the overwhelming majority of City fans feel exactly the same too..!

oh dear. and i'm the clueless one.
As a Blue of many years, I was able to understand that certain teams got all the calls but wasn’t too incensed as it only affected my club a few times a season, and that was only when we had a chance against the red clubs. It’s only when you become a challenger, moving onto being the best club in the league that you realise how things actually work with the need to keep certain teams at the top.

I suppose the Hammers have benefitted in the past which may drive your enthusiasm but you won’t find a lot of love for your stance with City fans, which begs the question, why do you even try?

As a Blue of many years, I was able to understand that certain teams got all the calls but wasn’t too incensed as it only affected my club a few times a season, and that was only when we had a chance against the red clubs. It’s only when you become a challenger, moving onto being the best club in the league that you realise how things actually work with the need to keep certain teams at the top.

I suppose the Hammers have benefitted in the past which may drive your enthusiasm but you won’t find a lot of love for your stance with City fans, which begs the question, why do you even try?

'
2019/20 - West Ham have had the most overturned VAR decisions in the Premier League this season.

The Hammers have seen SEVEN VAR incidents overturned to their disadvantage. And there have been countless incidents that should have been reviewed and ruled in West Ham’s favour but weren’t too. '

which begs the question... why are the FA and 'The Powers' screwing over West Ham ?? what's the reason ??

and as a Blue , so used to being shafted, how comes you are the 2nd most successful club in the last decade ? winning countless trophys ... the powers to be aren't doing a great job are they.

'
2019/20 - West Ham have had the most overturned VAR decisions in the Premier League this season.

The Hammers have seen SEVEN VAR incidents overturned to their disadvantage. And there have been countless incidents that should have been reviewed and ruled in West Ham’s favour but weren’t too. '

which begs the question... why are the FA and 'The Powers' screwing over West Ham ?? what's the reason ??

and as a Blue , so used to being shafted, how comes you are the 2nd most successful club in the last decade ? winning countless trophys ... the powers to be aren't doing a great job are they.
Apologies, I was talking about the bigger picture when Sheffield United were shafted by the Premier League and you had to pay compensation due to an arbitrary body confirming it, which you obviously agreed with.

As for the best club, I’m sure others have offered their views and I’m sure you’ve used the same underarm tactics, but when it comes to the real trophies, and I’m very humble about this, there can only be one. Any other opinion is just a wind-up and would suggest that the owner of this site is happy for you to do the same in order to get more clicks.

Apologies, I was talking about the bigger picture when Sheffield United were shafted by the Premier League and you had to pay compensation due to an arbitrary body confirming it, which you obviously agreed with.

As for the best club, I’m sure others have offered their views and I’m sure you’ve used the same underarm tactics, but when it comes to the real trophies, and I’m very humble about this, there can only be one. Any other opinion is just a wind-up and would suggest that the owner of this site is happy for you to do the same in order to get more clicks.

i'm not really playing any tactics or looking to get more clicks.

all i do is give my honest opinion why i prefer VAR to the old way of officiating and i don't think there's a big conspiracy out there to let certain clubs win things. If i'm in the minority on this, which obviously i am - then so be it. I just answer honestly.

i'm not really playing any tactics or looking to get more clicks.

all i do is give my honest opinion why i prefer VAR to the old way of officiating and i don't think there's a big conspiracy out there to let certain clubs win things. If i'm in the minority on this, which obviously i am - then so be it. I just answer honestly.
You’re not a big fan of VAR tho, which makes your tenacity on the subject a bit bewildering.
They key issue is whether VAR is improving the game. In some instances it is leading to some better decisions, and in an equal number of cases not. Factor in the goal buzz kill, the time it takes, and the lack of transparency then the scales fall on the “its shite” side. Surely?

You’re not a big fan of VAR tho, which makes your tenacity on the subject a bit bewildering.
They key issue is whether VAR is improving the game. In some instances it is leading to some better decisions, and in an equal number of cases not. Factor in the goal buzz kill, the time it takes, and the lack of transparency then the scales fall on the “its shite” side. Surely?

good post. Personally it’s still an improvement.

I think people look back pre VAR with rose tinted glasses , totally forgetting the anger and frustration when the opposition has faked a dive and won a penalty, when a lino has kept his flag down when the players scored miles offside. I won’t forget some of the decisions that went against my team pre VAR.

With VAR there has been many errors, but mostly they are overblown, and some decisions are so so so tight that I can accept them going against my team.

Also, as I repeat. It has a chance to always improve and will do so. The time it takes has improved, transparency has improved and slowly fans are getting used to it - the buzz of celebrating a goal is still there.

absolutely fine if others feel opposite to me and want a return to the good ol days of a Ref with zero help aside from a couple of linos. Just not for me, I want help for the refs and I want them to make the correct decisions - we have a chance. But it’s a bumpy road.

good post. Personally it’s still an improvement.

I think people look back pre VAR with rose tinted glasses , totally forgetting the anger and frustration when the opposition has faked a dive and won a penalty, when a lino has kept his flag down when the players scored miles offside. I won’t forget some of the decisions that went against my team pre VAR.

With VAR there has been many errors, but mostly they are overblown, and some decisions are so so so tight that I can accept them going against my team.

Also, as I repeat. It has a chance to always improve and will do so. The time it takes has improved, transparency has improved and slowly fans are getting used to it - the buzz of celebrating a goal is still there.

absolutely fine if others feel opposite to me and want a return to the good ol days of a Ref with zero help aside from a couple of linos. Just not for me, I want help for the refs and I want them to make the correct decisions - we have a chance. But it’s a bumpy road.
That’s not answering my question tho. No one is saying refs didn’t get things wrong before. No one. What a lot of people are saying that mistakes are still happening AND you have the buzz kill, the delay, and the secrecy

That’s not answering my question tho. No one is saying refs didn’t get things wrong before. No one. What a lot of people are saying that mistakes are still happening AND you have the biz kill, the delay, and the secrecy

I did answer that , but will go again

Mistakes are still happening yes, but at a far less scale - and as I mentioned one VAR mistake and it’s massively highlighted nowadays - I think VAR is perfect for when a player is clearly offside, for when player Has clearly dived in the box, for when a player has made a leg breaking tackle that the ref didn’t see - all this is a massive benefit to the game.

Where VAR has struggled is on the very very tight marginal calls, sometimes despite however many replays it’s still hard to call a offside or penalty decision - but still, it’s up to the referee what he decides.

The time it takes has improved, transparency has improved and slowly fans are getting used to it - the buzz of celebrating a goal is still there.
Over time it will always improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.