United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

Well it means only 6 out of 9 clubs (we are 1, so 6/8) have to agree on a rule to force it through, so its a licence to force through any bent rules they want. Just remember how many of those 8 other clubs wrote a letter to the CAS to try and get us banned and then think what they'd do if they had the power to do whatever they want.

All the rest is just window dressing and bribes to try and get that one bit pushed through.
Exactly. Your final point gets to the heart of the matter.

Ever since the power-grab that was the creation of the Premier League there has been a steady accretion of power and finance by three clubs in particular (United, Liverpool and Arsenal) after two of the original ‘Big 5’ (Everton and Spurs) fell by the wayside.

This set of proposals is just an extension of the collective desire of these three clubs to cement their position at the top of English football, with one eye on future developments such as pan-European leagues and cups etc.

’Devil take the hindmost’ was the attitude of the ‘Big 5’ when they forced through the Premier League structure. What makes this move more cynical than that was at the time, is that they have the gall to dress this up as ‘saving the game’ and Covid-19 threatened clubs.

As others have said, I truly hope that City are not supportive of the disgraceful people behind this, especially those who have been attempting to undermine us for more than 10 years now.

I had a look at ‘Red Cafe’ and, to their credit, many United supporters are disgusted with this set of proposals. One guy called ‘Leroy The Red’ is worth a read . He writes ‘Absolutely vile by United and Liverpool to be honest. It’s very easy to see through this. So let‘s go through this..’ then he picks it apart, line by line, concluding as you do that it’s all about the voting ‘rights‘ of the ‘top clubs’..

These people at United and Liverpool have no shame and, again, I hope our club tells them where to shove their ideas. And then works with the rest of football to find a way forward for each and every club that doesn’t favour selfish twunts like the Red Filth at either end of the East Lancs..

They never change, United's Yank owners rallying to sack Atkinson
Kenny.jpg

Reactions: mat
Just when I can’t decide which club I hate the most between the two, they go and do something like this...

...and I realize it’s no competition at all.

They can both fuck right off. In very equal proportions.

Yep but make no mistake it’s Fenway who are behind everything that’s favouring there own interest you look at Fenway history it’s littered with corruption!

It's interesting that Jason Burt in the Telegragh (who have broken the original story) has written an excellent piece detailing that this is effectively a takeover by six clubs to decide everything in the future. As he correctly states, power is money and they will ensure they will be getting the lions share going forward. The only thing that will matter is what is in the interests of those clubs.

It does not matter if there are merits in any of the proposals.
The change in voting rights is the only change that would be guaranteed in perpetuity.
Just like Taylor at the PFA. The Faustus proposal.

After a few hours digesting it and reading the reactions I think its an ok opening salvo.

They're taking the piss with the 6 clubs having all the power and special privelidges. If they compromise on that then the rest will probably get accepted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.