Best music you've seen live

So many.

Barry White was amazing and I didn't really want to go.
Simply Red (I know but I can't lie, they were brilliant live)
Arcade Fire
The Saw Doctors
ELO

and best of the lot

James.

Worst by a long way. Alexander O'Neal.

Doves were fucking ace live. On an E and they ended with SpaceFace from their former years. Manic.

The venue and the energy from the crowd are such a big factor to how "good" a band are live. I've seen a few really good bands at big venues (arenas) and its crap even though I really like the music. There is no energy, the sound is shit and its completely disconnected.

For sure...its the biggest factor....i was at Oasis at Maine Road....amazing atmosphere, but they arent/werent exactly the most proficient of bands and not particulalrly exciting to watch...but that was an amazing ahow.

I went to Berlin to see Manchester Orchestra last year...tiny venue, small crowd but one of the most intense and beautiful gigs ive seen.....likewise, Midlake in Dublin 4 or 5 years ago

Sisters of mercy were very good, it was my first contact ever with goths, interesting folk to say the least. Do you remember the other band called marxman(I think) singing fuck Columbus in straight jackets? Did that really happen as it doesn't sound right typing that out!
That’s crazy. I was just googling “fuck columbus marxman” and this page came up as a top hit.
I can’t find the track, must have had a different title. They were an Irish Group as far as I know, I saw them support u2 in 92 or 93.

as a solo Miles Kennedy was stunning, this was him at Gorilla in Manchester didn't get to see him on this one but did get to see it over in Liverpool at a slightly bigger venue.

Depeche Mode at Crystal Palace was as good as it gets. If you grew up as a fan of both City and DM in this country then this concert was on a par with QPR nearly 20 years later. DM were at the height of their powers that day and I never thought I'd get to see them in a stadium in this country with the negative press that made the sheep follow the musical equivalent of the rags. It gave me hope that one day City could rise like DM did and the Keegan years were almost our Violator but May 2012 was definitely another Crystal Palace.
I was there that day, still gives me goosebumps thinking of it, you are bang on saying they was at the height of their powers, for live shows they're still the bollocks.
Went to see them at the Gmex in December that year and yet again they was at it for over 2 hours, non stop.

as a solo Miles Kennedy was stunning, this was him at Gorilla in Manchester didn't get to see him on this one but did get to see it over in Liverpool at a slightly bigger venue.

Saw them at an ornate Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, how those chandeliers stayed put I will never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.