COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Cummings breaks Lockdown rules
  • Whopping PPE contracts awarded to tinpot businesses tory peers have a stake in
  • A catalogue of failed public messages
  • Went in to initial lockdown way too late

"Mother should I trust the government?"
So what's the answer to my question?

Depends what you define as a region as the Tories refused to use the term for years, is it GM which is really a sub-region, or the NW. Both could be correct.
The regions that Burnham is mayor of...

Which has never been a region hence the confusion.

But you think he is mayor of multiple regions... okay
He was elected Mayor of Greater Manchester in May 2017. Is it a question of semantics as to whether you call the parts that make up GM a region, councils, areas, boroughs etc. Question still stands though. is the rate in the area that Burnham is Mayor of going up or down

I presume you're just looking at Manchester. Try doing the same thing for the Southwest or anywhere else. The data gets drastically supressed so your basis that it's one or two out is totally wrong. If you can't take criticism then you should quit the internet as I haven't said any snide remarks

no i'm not just looking at Manchester. I grant you the MSOAs present a problem due to the perceived privacy issues, which become increasingly problematic as you get less and less cases, just like the SW. I would argue that this data is perhaps getting into murky territory at that level of geography anyway due to people's mobility but i suppose that's just my opinion. I had a quick look at the week 28th Sep to 4th Oct (Week 41) and the SW region total is the same as the totals for 14 UTLAs and the same as the total for 27 LTLAs (this is cases). The 350 MSOAs sum to 15% less, and this isn't helpful, but the gap can be nearly closed by randomly assigning 0, 1 or 2 to those areas with suppressed numbers. The latter is far from ideal but how helpful is data when the cases are less than 3 in an area ~5 to 8,000 people?.

So what's the answer to my question?

there is no right answer to be honest.

in Manchester ( Not Greater Manchester ) there is a bit of downward trend. but that just means the number of infections is slowing, so we're still increasing but slower than elsewhere.

but in Salford its actively increasing in speed as it is in Rochdale.

So both are "right" in the sense that they are cherry picking data.

• Cummings breaks Lockdown rules
  • Whopping PPE contracts awarded to tinpot businesses tory peers have a stake in
  • A catalogue of failed public messages
  • Went in to initial lockdown way too late

"Mother should I trust the government?"

No deal with the Eu now no deal with Manchester on financial packages. I see a trend with this government.

Let’s assume the government are right and the entirety of the greater Manchester ITU service will be ‘overwhelmed’ by the first week in November (it has been completely full on multiple occasions in the past and I don’t remember such concern), do they not know the timeline of this virus? As if lockdown on October 20th will have any impact on ICU admissions in the first week in November. In fact, the only way ICU admissions can be reduced by then is if infections are already falling.....
Of course, if the SAGE modellers and the government ministers have known the ITUs would be overwhelmed by the first week in November they should have imposed their lockdown in September.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.