COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I reckon we'll have vaccines being rolled out during 2021. There's an insanely huge amount of money in this for whoever has a successful vaccine for this first, and let's be honest - not many things motivate people like that! ha.

I admit it may circulate in some areas still, but UK i think will be vaccinated by 2022 at latest.

Hopefully!

I make you about right on this, I would bet on some being vaccinated before the end of this year. A sufficient amount will be vaccinated by this time next year.

Getting the same done in Africa/Asia will unfortunately take a good while longer which will obviously cause some longer term problems that will effect us.

A quarter of Scottish deaths linked to coronavirus have occurred in care homes, new figures have suggested.

The National Records of Scotland said 962 deaths had now been registered in Scotland where the virus was mentioned on the death certificate.

The majority of these deaths occurred in hospital, but 25% were in care homes and 13% in other settings.

In the week from 6 to 12 April, the virus was mentioned in 31% of all deaths registered in Scotland.

The NRS figures provide a wider picture of the impact of the virus on Scotland than the figures announced each day, which only cover cases in hospitals.

Just under 70% of all registered deaths involving Covid-19 were of people aged 75 or over, with the greatest concentration in the Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board area.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52292001

I make you about right on this, I would bet on some being vaccinated before the end of this year. A sufficient amount will be vaccinated by this time next year.

Getting the same done in Africa/Asia will unfortunately take a good while longer which will obviously cause some longer term problems that will effect us.
Don’t forget there are are far lower numbers of elderly populations in African and many Asian countries. Loads at just 4% of their populations over 65, many 1%.
(Great Britain 18%)

Also obesity is lower than Western counties too. Many are less than 15% and most less than 7%.
(Great Britain 27.8%)

So while it will hit many people still, since it does affect some young and healthy people, and with them having poorer health care systems; they will still have far lower numbers in terms of critical cases.

How do you define a restaurant though? I suppose you could apply it via the use category (A3) but it’s not as simple as that over here. Plenty of pubs (A4) are de facto restaurants. I think it will be late June/early July before we see that sector being relaxed.
We had a similar problem here when they started the first phase of shutdowns. Bars and pubs were ordered to shut while restaurants could stay open. But it turned out that most of the pubs had restaurants licences. So they just shut their bars and did table service only, which is generally the norm here anyway. So it was pretty much business as usual. A few days later they just shut restaurants as well as it was completely unworkable.

How do you define a restaurant though? I suppose you could apply it via the use category (A3) but it’s not as simple as that over here. Plenty of pubs (A4) are de facto restaurants. I think it will be late June/early July before we see that sector being relaxed.
It could be done by bookings only, table service only, minimum spacing of tables and maximum table size no more than 4.

Spanish police handing out fines of 600€ if you’re caught taking your bins out before 8pm.
No fucking about.
Must be different your part of Spain because here in SE Spain we have a communal bin serving about 10 households that we add to and it gets emptied every day except Sunday. For us it means a walk of about 50 metres to said bin.

Incidentally our collection time is about 8am and is a refuse truck with a single person to drive it so no leaving the cab. When alongside 2 arms extend to the large bin, automatically empty it and replace it.
Another truck follows and washes it inside and out automatically using similar mechanism.

Must be different your part of Spain because here in SE Spain we have a communal bin serving about 10 households that we add to and it gets emptied every day except Sunday. For us it means a walk of about 50 metres to said bin.

Incidentally our collection time is about 8am and is a refuse truck with a single person to drive it so no leaving the cab. When alongside 2 arms extend to the large bin, automatically empty it and replace it.
Another truck follows and washes it inside and out automatically using similar mechanism.
Yeah, between 8pm and 10pm here. It’s always been a law around here in the summer (Orihuela Costa) but was never enforced really. That’s all changed since lockdown, they are right on it, putting signs on all the bins letting people know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.