West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Notwithstanding all the arguments about Gundo/Rodders/Mahrez etc I can’t understand why Delap didn’t start yesterday. Pep goes on about lack of preseason and too many games but doesn’t include a player who isn’t even in the CL squad. Sergio could have been rested yesterday, for sure 3 starts in a week after 4 months out was asking for trouble. Baffling..
Delap was too busy bagging a beauty for the EDS.

I noticed in this game, and indeed in quite a few others as well, how are counter-attacks seem to stall much more than in the past.
We seem to reach the edges of the box and then in stead of a killer pass or a cross across the goal we just stop, look around for support, by which time the defence is back in numbers. Sterling & FFS are both guilty of making the wrong call on so many occasions.
Its because if Sterling breaks there is no one as fast as Sane to stay with him. He ends up shooting and missing or trying to turn inside.

Maybe that applies to everyone because away wins now seem to be the norm. I think the same is happening in some other countries too.

We are seeing “freak” results every week. Weird.
We are yes seeing more away wins but in Everton’s case it’s seems as though they are benefitting from not having home fans

Terrible finishing, should have won this game 4-1.

Neither Mahrez nor Sterling were good enough. Don’t deserve to start the next game imo.

Looking on the bright side, no injuries, and only 2 points behind Livarpool. 5 points behind Everton but not a problem because they won’t win the league.
What about Sergio

I'll stick with the most obvious points:
  1. No pre-season
  2. Unprecedented number of fixtures
  3. Injuries to the spine of our side: Laporte, De Bruyne and Jesus/Aguero
You don't have to look beyond that.
Spot on. It will be interesting to see what he does against Marseille - whether he gives Torres, Foden, Zinchenko and Stones starting slots. It’s not a must win game and it’s a chance to give young dynamic players or guys low on confidence a run out, and rest a few that are needing it, e.g. Cancelo for Walker and a break for Raz.

playing the same team back to back smacked of a little bit of stubbornness by Pep

How times have changed, 5 points off the top , a game in hand and some fans think they are entitled to win every game.
Fair enough

a lot of fans are at panic station even pep is getting ? it but the same fans giving it out moaning will be the first to stand proud when we win something

look football including manchester city are in the unknown ? covid-19 hit 2nd season without a pre-season so plans have gone out of the window. you only have to look at results and even this weekend results to see clubs and players are finding it hard to find any sort of form and put a winning streak together

i said it before the season will be the unknown and maybe take 15 to 20 games to see the top teams rising back to the normal places of top 6 ? the next mile stone will be christmas and new year and build from there

manchester city will be there in the mix and we are still the team to beat this season and anybody finishing above city will be champions ? it will be close in the run in and points we pick up now will mean everything come may

a lot of fans are at panic station even pep is getting ? it but the same fans giving it out moaning will be the first to stand proud when we win something

look football including manchester city are in the unknown ? covid-19 hit 2nd season without a pre-season so plans have gone out of the window. you only have to look at results and even this weekend results to see clubs and players are finding it hard to find any sort of form and put a winning streak together

i said it before the season will be the unknown and maybe take 15 to 20 games to see the top teams rising back to the normal places of top 6 ? the next mile stone will be christmas and new year and build from there

manchester city will be there in the mix and we are still the team to beat this season and anybody finishing above city will be champions ? it will be close in the run in and points we pick up now will mean everything come may

I agree with every word.
A season like no other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.