Marseille (a) post match thread

Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City – Highlights​

Just watching the goals again on Irish TV. Surprised the third goal wasn't chalked off by VAR. Raheem looked ahead of Kev when the cross came in.

I'm not sure what you wanted? We were 100% in control of the game. We're in a massive fixture pile-up, just keep the ball and knock it around when you're winning, there's no point in just forcing attack after attack and throwing people forward, playing risky passes and running yourself into the ground.

As soon as Porto decided they wanted to play, we ran circles around them and tied up the result.

I am not complaining?

My original post was saying it doesn't look like we have the fitness to play more than a half at full pace.

I agree it was completely the right thing to do in the circumstance. I said a week or so ago on here that we need to make it through the next 2 - 3 weeks just getting results however we can and then when the squad fitness is in a better place we can aim for the sort of football we are used to.

Good performance: Dias so composed and excellent positioning to cut out any danger from Marseilles rare attacks - him and Laporte could strike up some partnership.

The intelligence of Foden's movement off the ball is something to behold for someone so young - just shows how Pep's been right to ease him in over the past couple of seasons - now looks the part. Rodri I feel is still a bit of weak link - just too slow and immobile gets run past too easily...not sure he's what we need.

Props to Jermaine Jenas for giving the comment from Ian Darke about our '400M defence' the withering disdain it deserved.

Best performance so far.. although the completion for that isn’t much. The problem is Pep tends to overthink and change the team in the last 18 months. Hopefully performances like tonight will show him to just play on our strengths. Saturday is so important now. Going on a run and gaining some momentum is vital

Enjoyed that. Really hope that is the springboard for a cracking couple of weeks. Good stuff City, and happy to see John Stones on the pitch as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.