The HALLOWEENATHON - What HORROR movie(s) are you watching?

Can any Horror fan, Bluemoon resident help me figure out a Horror film I saw 30 years ago. I was sbout 10 at the time and saw it late one night and never been able to figure out what it was.

It was about a group of teenagers who happen to cross a house, with a creepy family. Mother and father and some adult kids in nappies with dummies. There was dead bodies on hooks in the basement, and a home made swing on a side of a cliff. Im sure someone died on that swing, and Im sure the actor who played the father is well known.
Any ideas what the hell the film was?
American Gothic

Can any Horror fan, Bluemoon resident help me figure out a Horror film I saw 30 years ago. I was sbout 10 at the time and saw it late one night and never been able to figure out what it was.

It was about a group of teenagers who happen to cross a house, with a creepy family. Mother and father and some adult kids in nappies with dummies. There was dead bodies on hooks in the basement, and a home made swing on a side of a cliff. Im sure someone died on that swing, and Im sure the actor who played the father is well known.
Any ideas what the hell the film was?
American Gothic
Yeeeees. Thank you. Just youtube/IMDB it and thats the one. Been bugging me for years.
Should’ve asked years ago mate, I’ve been here since 2007ish

Glad I could be of service - might give it a watch now!

On tonight, Film4 HD @ 23:15

8fMkxxT.jpg

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

Starring Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman & Barry Keoghan.

A renowned surgeon is forced to make an unthinkable sacrifice, when the behavior of a teenage boy he has taken under his wing turns sinister.

I watched ‘The Invisible Man‘ with Elizabeth Moss. Not really a horror, more a psychological thriller with some sci fi and some blood thrown in.

Moss did her downtrod, vulnerable, to strong and sassy as only she can. You would have thought that her acting leads would know by now. She might as well have a sign hung round her neck ‘Don’t fuck with this Woman’.

Anyhow, it was well made and tightly directed with excellent camera and sound. Update on the old HG Wells story with a Hitchcock, Brian de Palma twist. Really enjoyed it even if it was a little predictable. Creepy and well paced all the way through.

My dad recommended Bone Tomahawk to me the other day - he said “it’s a western with Kurt Russell in it, really violent and a great watch”. I thought sounds good and put it on this evening. Jesus Christ!!! I won’t spoil the story but it’s a bunch of Indians who are cannibals and seriously freaked me out.
Check out the clip below...

Dear fucking god :0

Cant unsee that, worse than those Gail Platt topless photos.
The pulling apart at the end, after the axe swing, just how fucking realistic was that, Jesus.

Not usually arsed about gore but that wasn't horror it looked far too real for that lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.