Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

If Pep gives us another 3 or 4 years that would be great news , we could then offer him a director of football position or maybe something overlooking the coaching of the whole CFG project , and then bring in a young coach like Nagelsmann , no doubt he would eventually like to return to Barca but he is invaluable to our football club and we must keep him involved at all costs.

That's fair enough. I can see that point of view but I don't share the same optimism.

Sometimes people forget that Pep is overseeing the evolution from Hart, Zabaleta, Yaya, Kompany, Silva and soon Fernandinho and Aguero.

There’s no manager in the world who would do a better a job at overseeing that transition in my opinion and it has been a very understated part of the job Pep has done at the club while he has been here.

Sometimes people forget that Pep is overseeing the evolution from Hart, Zabaleta, Yaya, Kompany, Silva and soon Fernandinho and Aguero.

There’s no manager in the world who would do a better a job at overseeing that transition in my opinion and it has been a very understated part of the job Pep has done at the club while he has been here.

Again, I can see where you're coming from but I don't think Pep or any other manager is going to rebuild this team into something long lasting on his own. That's down to recruitment and the quality and mentality of the players we bring in. The manager can have input in that department but when you look at the failed transfers of the likes of Sanchez, Jorginho and Maguire (and if we're taking the reports of Pep being extremely disappointed at missing out on them as fact), I think it shows he isn't exactly bang on the money when it comes to freshening up the squad with quality young players.

In my opinion, the most important thing a manager can do is get the most out of the squad he has at his disposal and I don't think Pep has done that for over a year. It's not a question of results and silverware but one of performances and fixing recurring issues and I think things have stagnated under him.

I get that he's Pep Guardiola and his pedigree speaks for itself but you could have said the same thing about Mourinho about seven years or so ago. Times change and I'm not saying he's fallen behind but it does happen to even the greatest managers so I'm not putting more faith in him than I think our performances deserve just because of his name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.