COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm

The hospital data is great news for the NW again today too.

England patients rose from 13, 565 to 13, 626 - only 61 up, Last Thursday it was 11990.

Ventilators up from 1228 to 1242, Was 1081 last Thursday.

But in the North West patients FELL from 3013 to 2983. It was 2954 last Thursday. So up just 29 in a week. Or just 1%.

Ventilators also FELL from 258 to 254. Last Thursday there were 261.

They are an individual choice, businesses have decided to follow the guidance and so if you choose not to, you simply can't enter their place of business. The same way you wouldn't be allowed in waving a sword around.

There are plenty of alternative options to get what you need in terms of basic survival. Anything else you're not entitled to.

except so many places aren't even enforcing it for staff, let alone customers.

hmm

Interesting , i have always been torn on masks , human behaviour says to me you dont think keeping your distance is needed, false sense of security if you like , i see that when i go to tesco . I wear one despite long covid asthma , in the summer it was so difficult , i could only manage about twenty mins then head back to the car . Until i am told otherwise i will keep wearing it

Cases are currently falling, the government has the opportunity to prepare the groundwork for the run up and the christmas week to allow for christmas to be held relatively normally.

If they don't do this then many people will lose their jobs, billions will be lost from the economy however the end result will be that people will ignore the rules anyway and cases will still rise.

They need to facilitate through guidelines and rules how people can mitigate their risk to others. They should stipulate how to mitigate risk through prior self-isolation, place limits on how many households can gather and set the time period to a few days maximum (24th, 25th, 26th).

If cases are low enough then the effect this will have on new cases is irrelevant compared to the risk you currently face by going to work or your kids going to school from now until mid-December.
You make many valid points , it’s all about the risk anybody is prepared to take . Just seems strange that people claiming how much they miss family and friends could be willingly participating in contributing to the death of those family and friends in January. Hopefully with the light at the end of the tunnel coming closer every day then missing out on a festive shindig is hardly a huge sacrifice. It’s a shit situation and choice that everyone faces .

hmm

Read about the study (https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817)

It's pathetic. They literally listed variable adherence as a limitation of the study, as well as missing data and patient-reported findings on home test kits.

"Encouragement to follow social distancing measures for coronavirus disease 2019, plus either no mask recommendation or a recommendation to wear a mask when outside the home among other persons together with a supply of 50 surgical masks and instructions for proper use."

Come on this has as much integrity as a spaghetti skyscraper.

Other regions hospital data:

NE/Yorkshire patients down 53 but at 3344 well above the NW. And 319 up in the week. Ventilators fell from 249 to 247. But not far off the NW here either.

Midlands up 3039 - 3088 - a 520 rise in the week. And ventilators up to 281 so now well above the NW. And like NE/Yorkshire ahead of NW in patients too.

London patients rose 262 in the week to 1374. And ventilators up 39 in the week to 220.

But the South West is the area seeing big percentage rises. Patients up by 30% in the week to 934. And ventilators (in an area that had 0 for much of the summer months) up 11 in the week to 69.

Unfortunately this is now living up to the name pandemic by spreading into other areas as was inevitable.

But the NW can be thankful that for now the numbers are clearly going the other way.

Though that can change so we must not get complacent. And it may need national measures to keep this in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.