Spurs (A) - Post-Match Thread

So two posters who are chatting shite..
We will comfortably be in the top 4, in fact we will be challenging for the title whilst utd will struggle to make the top 7.
You can get back to me in May.

I’m bookmarking this post!!!

So two posters who are chatting shite..
We will comfortably be in the top 4, in fact we will be challenging for the title whilst utd will struggle to make the top 7.
You can get back to me in May.

We may be in the top 4 but challenging for the title will be a stretch imo.

It’s astonishing that some people think the title is a possibility. The real question is whether we’re good enough for the top 4. We are pretty much at the same level as the rags, scrapping for the European spots. It isn’t just a bad patch, it’s been declining to this point for almost 18 months. This is our level.

We actually had the best record in the league from the start of lockdown to before the Liverpool match.

55F7F7B0-2EAF-4536-9EC3-4EE8DE7ABA9F.jpeg

It's just a shame that you get no prizes for this table and that our position in the actual PL table isn't that great!
Well I am still in the optmistic camp. This is a crazy season and lots of players from all clubs are struggling with fatigue and injuries. I never thought Villa would put seven past Liverpool. I think City are a team in transition not one in decline. We have a lot of talented young players.
We have struggled for goals but it wouldn't surprise me if the dam bursts in one of our imminent games and we put six past Burnley for example. You can't predict this season.
I think the title can be won by Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool ...or even City. Let's wait and see. A gap of eight points (with a game in hand) is nothing as we saw in 2012 and 2014.

Well I am still in the optmistic camp. This is a crazy season and lots of players from all clubs are struggling with fatigue and injuries. I never thought Villa would put seven past Liverpool. I think City are a team in transition not one in decline. We have a lot of talented young players.
We have struggled for goals but it wouldn't surprise me if the dam bursts in one of our imminent games and we put six past Burnley for example. You can't predict this season.
I think the title can be won by Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool ...or even City. Let's wait and see. A gap of eight points (with a game in hand) is nothing as we saw in 2012 and 2014.

I haven't written the season off yet either. It just makes me laugh when people post things like this, there is only one table to take notice of, the actual PL table, not some meaningless post lockdown table.

I don't think we are miles off, I think/hope Pep will sort it out over the next few weeks.

I didn’t see it myself. I’d always give a new signing a chance but I really didn’t think he’d kick in as he has this season.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m no expert scout - far from it - but I do think Grealish offers a lot of what we’re missing.

To be fair, strengthening midfield wasn’t City’s priority in the transfer window. I was all for Bernardo getting a decent run but he’s continuing to disappoint. I also expected the manager to show more confidence (and respect) in Foden.

I like the optimism but your theory relies on city turning it around and unless the tactics change drastically it won’t happen.

We have more than one problem to fix.

Drop a few underperforms and change how the wingers attack would be a start.

Move Kev to a more cm position. I might get slaughtered for this view but moving Kev to Gundos position will allow us to move Bernie/foden to Kevs.

Pep seems determined to play through this rut. Let’s hope he is ultimately proved right.

I like the optimism but your theory relies on city turning it around and unless the tactics change drastically it won’t happen.

We have more than one problem to fix.

Drop a few underperforms and change how the wingers attack would be a start.

Move Kev to a more cm position. I might get slaughtered for this view but moving Kev to Gundos position will allow us to move Bernie/foden to Kevs.

Pep seems determined to play through this rut. Let’s hope he is ultimately proved right.
I agree with all your points. Bernardo (the old version) can be brilliant as number 8 or 10 and so can Foden. I just believe that Pep will find a way to turn this poor run around. It often happens in football that a very small change has a huge impact on the field. I never thought Delph could play at left back but that move made a big difference that season (same with Zinchenko)
The key problem is definitely in centre midfeld. We have not replaced Fernandihno (or arguably even Ya Ya) with their energy driving forward after we have won the ball back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.