COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motto was supposed to be 'we are all in this together' - not 'the places someone picks out on a map are but the rest of you are not'. In a pandemic you ought to prioritise national unity not disunity.

They really should have created a war cabinet from day one and decided these things on the basis that viruses will never know they have crossed a border - be it from GM to Cheshire or England to Scotland or Wales.

Very possibly N Ireland and Ireland should have done the same on that island too.

I suspect the rest of the world think prioritising political disunity over a plan for these small islands as one was a very silly error.
If somewhere doesn't have the case numbers then it shouldn't be in tier 3 or even in tier 2 if cases are low.
If we go for a national tier 3 then the economy is stuffed. So many businesses are on the edge of extinction.

I know that, but as I said this is not a decision I have to make. All I can say is what I see as the best way to keep cases low until the vaccines arrive to save us. Hopefully.

But as I said earlier lives v livelihoods are an impossible choice and glad I don't have to make it as it is a no win scenario whatever you do.

I'll be honest, I find this kind of disturbing. I will be taking any vaccines, but there are tonnes of issues with this kind of rhetoric. Not a fan of this step towards health passports. Not even far off what happens in China and the social credit stuff...

I don't know why you have a problem with it.

No one is going to force you to have a vaccine, but that doesn't mean you're free from any and all consequences of that.

Just like I don't have to have a yellow fever vaccine, but if I don't get one, I can't go to half of Africa or South America.

I would be absolutely amazed if being vaccinated is not immediately a requirement to travel to any country.

I don't know why you have a problem with it.

No one is going to force you to have a vaccine, but that doesn't mean you're free from any and all consequences of that.

Just like I don't have to have a yellow fever vaccine, but if I do, I can't go to half of Africa or South America.

Why should some idiot anti-vaxxers get to put people at risk of dying everywhere they go?

Really? You can't see the pretty nasty potential of health passports? It's a huge, huge slippery slope. Are we gonna ban anyone who hasn't had the MMR vaccine too? Or any of the others that are all voluntary and often used? I expect it will happen on overseas flights, yep. I just don't see coercion as a sensible tactic. It's quite a dangerous one tbh.

Edit - once again, I will be taking any vaccines. It's not about trust in them. Just don't want our country to take one more step towards the shite you see in China.

I'll be honest, I find this kind of disturbing. I will be taking any vaccines, but there are tonnes of issues with this kind of rhetoric. Not a fan of this step towards health passports. Not even far off what happens in China and the social credit stuff...

No 'nudging', just full on pushing people towards having the vaccination. Not sure what I think of that.

I'll be having the vaccine. A small price to pay to be injected with Bill Gates' microchips that encourage me to buy a Windows-based phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.