COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you have a problem with it.

No one is going to force you to have a vaccine, but that doesn't mean you're free from any and all consequences of that.

Just like I don't have to have a yellow fever vaccine, but if I don't get one, I can't go to half of Africa or South America.

I would be absolutely amazed if being vaccinated is not immediately a requirement to travel to any country.
But you can go to your local restaurant though can’t you.
Threats of not being allowed in your local etc won’t help in the conspiracy theory group being swayed.

Really? You can't see the pretty nasty potential of health passports? It's a huge, huge slippery slope. Are we gonna ban anyone who hasn't had the MMR vaccine too? Or any of the others that are all voluntary and often used? I expect it will happen on overseas flights, yep. I just don't see coercion as a sensible tactic. It's quite a dangerous one tbh.

Edit - once again, I will be taking any vaccines. It's not about trust in them. Just don't want our country to take one more step towards the shite you see in China.
But the point is compulsory vaccinations for some highly dangerous infectious diseases for int travel already exist. This isnt anything new.

I don't know why you have a problem with it.

No one is going to force you to have a vaccine, but that doesn't mean you're free from any and all consequences of that.

Just like I don't have to have a yellow fever vaccine, but if I don't get one, I can't go to half of Africa or South America.

I would be absolutely amazed if being vaccinated is not immediately a requirement to travel to any country.
I think if this summer taught us anything, it's that dickheads will be dickheads. You can't treat the public with kid gloves, nor can you expect them to act responsibly. You can only stop them from causing harm, to themselves and others.

But you can go to your local restaurant though can’t you.
Threats of not being allowed in your local etc won’t help in the conspiracy theory group being swayed.

Exactly. This kind of stuff will convert probably loads into conspiracy theorists. We literally do not need to vaccinate the whole country. Saw a poll that said over 60% will take it anyway immediately. That's easily enough, given how much its undoubtedly spread, to read herd immunity and stop it. Don't see the point in turning millions into conspiracy theorists by blackmailing them.

Really? You can't see the pretty nasty potential of health passports? It's a huge, huge slippery slope. Are we gonna ban anyone who hasn't had the MMR vaccine too? Or any of the others that are all voluntary and often used? I expect it will happen on overseas flights, yep. I just don't see coercion as a sensible tactic. It's quite a dangerous one tbh.

You know France, Germany and Italy have made the MMR vaccine mandatory and they haven't descended into a dystopia yet, the only side effect is less kids getting killed and maimed by measles.

If uptake rates in this country continue to drop, it will likely become mandatory here, because measles outbreaks are becoming more and more common.

And the problem is, not everyone who gets a vaccine is immune, so everyone who doesn't get a vaccine is putting other people's lives at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.