Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we cannot assume anything on immunity or levels of 'herd immunity' but they may well yet prove the hidden factor that gets us out of this. Like in War of the Worlds humanity being less susceptible to a cold virus than martians because we had lived with it for so long ended up turning the tide when all looked doomed

All the science suggests that "herd immunity"* will not get us out of this without a further six figure death toll.

* as in acquired from infection - herd immunity from vaccination is where we're hopefully headed

Scotland data:

79 deaths (up from 68 last Wednesday.)

1949 cases (down from 2039 cases last Wednesday.

Positivity rate today 10,2% v 10.5% last Wednesday.

Patients still rising fast - up 77 to 1794.

Ventilated 134 - up 1 in 24 hours.

Nicola Sturgeon noted that 1005 have gone into hospital in past 7 days. A record.

Scotland figures pretty bad in every aspect today, last few days had looked a bit more positive in some aspects but today's a dampener.

Didn't Sturgeon say they may be slightly misleading due to lack of registrations last week carrying over?
I might have got that wrong, as I wasn't listening that carefully

But does that not assume they would still have evidence or even got sick enough to mount a response visible months later?

Its a better guide to a minimum level. But I think that may be all it is.
Had a letter asking me to take part in antibody test survey this morning. It’s clear that it’s to show how many may have had COVID overall, I presume if you have tested positive it will ask for details during the registration so they also get data on how long antibodies last?

I woke up this morning with a banging head and its been throbbing all day.

Even my cheek bones and ears are hurting!

Other than that I feel absolutely fine. Had my test this morning. Gulp! Fingers crossed I've just got a bit of a head cold.
That was my first symptom Jim followed by the cough and a complete loss of appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.